Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To those attending NCCU  (Read 3776 times)

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
To those attending NCCU
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »
Hey has anyone received any more information about enrollment (besides loan materials) from them? I called them last Monday and they said they were sending out additional materials, but still havent gotten anything yet.

linequoter

• View Profile
Re: To those attending NCCU
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »
I'll be enrolling at NCCU this fall as well.  I received a packet this past weekend with alot of information about materials that students are required to send (transcripts, forms, etc.).  It had information about various scholarships NCCU offers and it had some stuff about loans.   It also had information about orientation.  Orientation will begin at 9:00AM on August 14th (check-in is from 8AM-9AM) and go on through August 17th. We'll register for classes at orientation.  We take pictures in business attire on the 15th.  Classes start on the 20th.  All this material came in a large white envelope.

You'll probably be getting it in the mail soon.

But for real, i'm still in the dark about alot of things.  Like housing.  And they need to get the NCCU Law website back up and running.  I feel a little lost right now.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »
Please have your A-Game when you attend NCCU law school. They have a serious attrition rate and a brutal C curve. I'm not saying it's gonna effect you, but it's one of those sink or swim law schools.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »
Please have your A-Game when you attend NCCU law school. They have a serious attrition rate and a brutal C curve. I'm not saying it's gonna effect you, but it's one of those sink or swim law schools.

I see ya, Diggs.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »

I see ya, Diggs.

Phi Nu Pi to you as well my brother. I see you are living our motto to the fullest. Keep it up and let the Kappa beacon shine.

linequoter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »

Thanks man, i'll keep that in mind

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
I'll be enrolling at NCCU this fall as well.  I received a packet this past weekend with alot of information about materials that students are required to send (transcripts, forms, etc.).  It had information about various scholarships NCCU offers and it had some stuff about loans.   It also had information about orientation.  Orientation will begin at 9:00AM on August 14th (check-in is from 8AM-9AM) and go on through August 17th. We'll register for classes at orientation.  We take pictures in business attire on the 15th.  Classes start on the 20th.  All this material came in a large white envelope.

You'll probably be getting it in the mail soon.

But for real, i'm still in the dark about alot of things.  Like housing.  And they need to get the NCCU Law website back up and running.  I feel a little lost right now.

Linequoter, I live in the Raleigh-Durham area now. Depending on how much you are willing to spend there are plenty of nice housing options. Not far from NCCU is the SOuthpoint area which is a huge retail oriented area with nice apartments that are only like 4-5 years old. They are reasonably priced as well. Also the Briercreek area, is cool. Both of these locations are close to SuperTargets, and have decent entertainment should the rare occasion you want to get out from under the books. I see a lot of law students from all three law schools in this area studying at the Barnes and Nobles and Panera Bread.  You can also check out Craigslist under the Raleigh section..they have really nice and affordable condo rentals, and house rentals as well for the whole Raleigh-Durham, Chapel Hill area.

Many blessings to both of y'all, motivation and focus will see y'all through, but I'm sure y'all didn't need me to tell y'all that.

PM me if there is anything I can do for you to help out. NCCU is my undergrad school BTW.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »

I see ya, Diggs.

Phi Nu Pi to you as well my brother. I see you are living our motto to the fullest. Keep it up and let the Kappa beacon shine.

Just tryin to get my Henry T. Asher on, bruh.  I see you are doing the same.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »
Yep, just got my stuff in the mail yesterday.
Yeah, I am aware of the horrible attrition rate.  :o So I definitely gotta stay on my "A" Game.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »
Yep, just got my stuff in the mail yesterday.
Yeah, I am aware of the horrible attrition rate.  :o So I definitely gotta stay on my "A" Game.

I'm saying chocolatedlux56, it's nowhere near impossible, so I'm it will not even be an issue for you. I guess it can be looked at as an extra motivating factor.

NCCU Law School is one of those "it's what you make of it" law schools. It's not like successful attorneys haven't come from there. North Carolina's current Governor Michael Easley received his JD from NCCU, as well as Willie Gary. The bar passage rate is actually pretty good as well. Oh and they just voted in a new Chancellor and one of his objectives is to increase the stature and quality of the law program.

Again congrats to both of y'all, and I wish the best.