Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To those attending NCCU  (Read 4054 times)

linequoter

• View Profile
Re: To those attending NCCU
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 03:22:49 PM »
ooh yeah, I do need to get in contact with them. I want to find a nice, safe, and not too expensive place that's not too far from campus. Any ideas?

Try checking out the housing they have on campus.  I think Martha Street, Eagle Landing, and Campus Crossing (even though its not really THAT close) are all mainly housed by grad/law students.  If on campus isn't an option, you might want to check out the Southpoint apartments like Pul said previously.  Also, you might want to try a search with www.apartmentratings.com.  Or try using www.apartments.com.

linequoter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
By the way, have any of you been awarded any scholarships yet?  Because all I've received so far are my loan options.  I spoke with someone at NCCU and they told me that scholarships for law school were handled by a different department then university-wide financial aid.  That led me to believe that maybe they simply haven't made decisions on scholarships yet.  Have any of you heard anything?

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 04:31:20 PM »
By the way, have any of you been awarded any scholarships yet?  Because all I've received so far are my loan options.  I spoke with someone at NCCU and they told me that scholarships for law school were handled by a different department then university-wide financial aid.  That led me to believe that maybe they simply haven't made decisions on scholarships yet.  Have any of you heard anything?

I would like to know if anyone has been awarded any schlarships as well...all I got were loans :(

I do however get the feeling that if any were awarded, we would have known by NOW if we were candidates...but I could be wrong :-\.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 08:24:48 PM »
Don't sleep on Craiglist y'all.

The my semester before my last one I found a roommate that was a grad student that owned a really nice house. I had huge room that was big enough to have 2 King sized beds and still have room, a nice walk-in closet AND a utility closet. The sun room had a Bowflex workout center, down stairs had a full sized pool table and in the living room a 60 inch HDTV ( a DLP rear projection..not a plasma/lcd). Get this including utilities all I paid was $450 TOTAL and I didn't even have to do first month last month.

The good thing about the Raleigh Durham area is that there are tons of Grad students between UNC, NC State, Duke, and NCCU. For the most part they are pretty focused and easy to get along with ,basically just like you, trying to advance in life. The grad student roommate deal is big out here. Not a lot of riff-raff.

I'm not saying it's something that you would do, just putting out there another option for housing in the Raleigh-Durham area. HTH.