Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To those attending NCCU  (Read 4029 times)

chydiva82

• Did God take permission from U when he created ME?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: To those attending NCCU
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »
I received my package on Monday...enrollment info etc etc (linequoter pretty much laid it out)...Hopefully you have received your package by now chocalatedlux56...but if you have been periodically crusing the website, the only "new" information is orientation week.

BTW, to Linequoter and chocolatedlux56, if you have a facebook account, there are two NCCU Law pages on FB...just a forum to meet and chat with fellow classmates. links below. :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3316710079&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2395924683

chydiva82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
I'll be enrolling at NCCU this fall as well.  I received a packet this past weekend with alot of information about materials that students are required to send (transcripts, forms, etc.).  It had information about various scholarships NCCU offers and it had some stuff about loans.   It also had information about orientation.  Orientation will begin at 9:00AM on August 14th (check-in is from 8AM-9AM) and go on through August 17th. We'll register for classes at orientation.  We take pictures in business attire on the 15th.  Classes start on the 20th.  All this material came in a large white envelope.

You'll probably be getting it in the mail soon.

But for real, i'm still in the dark about alot of things.  Like housing.  And they need to get the NCCU Law website back up and running.  I feel a little lost right now.

Linequoter,

are you living on campus? If so, I am waiting on housing info as well. I called in on Monday and they should be done with grad/law students assignements this week...so they say....not holding my breath on this one.

If you are living off campus, they emailed a listing of students looking for housing and roomates last week with email and phone contact info...not sure if you are going the roomate route. PM me if you need this listing, I can foward it along.

As far as the website is concerned, I contacted the IT people yesterday and they are working on it :(....should be up and running soon. It's mainly just the links off of the homepage.

linequoter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »
Linequoter,

are you living on campus? If so, I am waiting on housing info as well. I called in on Monday and they should be done with grad/law students assignements this week...so they say....not holding my breath on this one.

I plan on staying on campus.  When you say "assignments", do you mean that we really won't have a choice of where we stay?  Or what type of room we get? Because I was going to see if I could get a single...

chydiva82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »
Linequoter,

I plan on staying on campus.  When you say "assignments", do you mean that we really won't have a choice of where we stay?  Or what type of room we get? Because I was going to see if I could get a single...

Well if I'm going along with the housing application...we have a 1st and 2nd choice "option" of where we want to live but I'm not sure if a single is guaranteed. My first and only choice at this point is Martha Street  (big thanks to Pul. Male for the housing overview:) ) I requested a single as well so I'm hoping and praying...btw, this is the only grad housing with a single.

"Assignment" is the word the housing office keeps using so I guess I just joined the bandwagon :P.....If you have already turned in your app, chances are you will get what you want since freshmen and grad/law students get priority picks....

linequoter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 03:36:35 PM »
Linequoter,

Well if I'm going along with the housing application...we have a 1st and 2nd choice "option" of where we want to live but I'm not sure if a single is guaranteed. My first and only choice at this point is Martha Street  (big thanks to Pul. Male for the housing overview:) ) I requested a single as well so I'm hoping and praying...btw, this is the only grad housing with a single.

"Assignment" is the word the housing office keeps using so I guess I just joined the bandwagon :P.....If you have already turned in your app, chances are you will get what you want since freshmen and grad/law students get priority picks....

I called the housing department at NCCU and unfortunately the lady I spoke to said Martha Street was full.  I think I'll put it down for my first choice anyway.

I still haven't sent in my housing application.  I'm a little worried.  I'll take care of that today or tomorrow and cross my fingers.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 04:24:53 PM »
I have a few friends who are law students/alums of NCCU.  If anyone wants to email/talk with  them to get the inside scoop, PM me and I'll hook you up.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

chydiva82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 05:07:41 PM »
Linequoter,

I called the housing department at NCCU and unfortunately the lady I spoke to said Martha Street was full.  I think I'll put it down for my first choice anyway.

I still haven't sent in my housing application.  I'm a little worried.  I'll take care of that today or tomorrow and cross my fingers.

The housing app deadline was May 1st and of course the admin did not pass this along to incoming law students ::)....I dont know, maybe the assumption is that many will choose to stay off-campus. I had to call up aand do some digging and fortunately turned in my app before the deadline. According to Pul. Male Campus Crossing is another option...it's a bit away from the main campus but it is still considered "on-campus housing." the only thing is that it does not have a "single" option....*sigh* I am mentally preparing myself to deal with the admin for these glorious three years....

p.s. you might want to get that app in ASAP...

linequoter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »

The housing app deadline was May 1st and of course the admin did not pass this along to incoming law students ::)....I dont know, maybe the assumption is that many will choose to stay off-campus. I had to call up aand do some digging and fortunately turned in my app before the deadline. According to Pul. Male Campus Crossing is another option...it's a bit away from the main campus but it is still considered "on-campus housing." the only thing is that it does not have a "single" option....*sigh* I am mentally preparing myself to deal with the admin for these glorious three years....

p.s. you might want to get that app in ASAP...

Yeah i just finished filling the application out. Campus Crossing was my second choice.  The lady I spoke with today said that I could probably get in there, so that helps my situation.  I'm not too worried about the location since I have a car. 

I would've sent the app out a while ago, but I wasn't accepted into NCCU until mid-June.  At that point, I was just happy to finally get an acceptance.  Somehow, housing got lost in the shuffle  :-[.

lesgsu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
I did. But honestly, it was all a repeat of what we already know. Reminders abt enrollment materials. There was a couple of new things like a reccommended summer reading list. As well as info abt picture taking during orientation (we need to wear a suit on that day) and then I think we have reading assignments before classes start.

lesgsu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »
ooh yeah, I do need to get in contact with them. I want to find a nice, safe, and not too expensive place that's not too far from campus. Any ideas?