Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advice  (Read 1001 times)

steve2004

• View Profile
    • Email
advice
« on: March 10, 2004, 07:34:16 PM »
Hi I was offered a full tuition scholarship and $500/yr stipend from Loyola Law School in CA. It was my safety school and I sent all of my applications in late. They require that I make a decision by April 1. I don't think I will have heard back from most of the other schools that I've applied to by then. The scholarship offer makes the school all the more appealing to me, but if I was to get into a top 15 school I would probably rather attend that school. If anyone has any kind of advice about this situation, I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
Re: advice
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »
congratulations, I got the same scholarship from them.  what are your chances of getting into the other schools.  Where do you want to live and practice law.  If you want to stay in southern CA Loyola is an excellent law school.

steve2004

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 07:43:20 PM »
Thanks. Congrats to you too. I have a 3.30 UGPA from UCLA and 171 LSAT. I've got less than a year of work experience. I've heard good things about Loyola as well, and I would like to stay in CA. I would like very much to hear whether or not I'm in at UCLA, USC, and also Berkeley. I think my chances are low, but it is definitely a possibility. This is why I'm in such a dilemma. It's entirely possible that I'd get rejected or accepted by the other schools.

live in la

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 08:47:51 PM »
when was your Loyola acceptance letter dated? I'm hoping to get the same offer...

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 09:29:10 PM »
I have zero work experience aside from my work study job, with a 3.18 in history from LMU and a 165 LSAT. I definitely want to stay in SOUTHERN California and am still waiting to hear from UCLA, USC, and USD although I doubt they will offer me anything that will make me recoinsider going to Loyola.  Are you going to the reception for Loyola scholarship winners?

steve2004

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 10:34:28 PM »
live in la:
Their website informed me a decision was made on Monday, March 8 and the letter arrived today, Wednesday, March 10.
Best of luck to you.

Andywp8:
I hadn't heard of the reception you mentioned. Maybe because I just received my letter today?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 06:25:08 PM »
live in la,

i got my letter february 9
good luck to you