Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lenovo x61 vs dell xps m1330  (Read 484 times)

lavender

• View Profile
lenovo x61 vs dell xps m1330
« on: July 06, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »
thoughts? i'm sure this was discussed already but there's no search function here. if anyone can send a link of old threads or share what they know, appreciate it!

i heart wind power

• View Profile
Re: lenovo x61 vs dell xps m1330
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »
thoughts? i'm sure this was discussed already but there's no search function here. if anyone can send a link of old threads or share what they know, appreciate it!

Haha, I toiled over this exact decision for about three weeks before finally pulling the trigger, so good luck! After incessantly going back and forth, I finally opted for the XPS m1330. Simply, it has everything needed in an ultraportable (small screen, streamlined, ultra-lightweight, good battery options, integrated bluetooth, next-gen wireless, etc.); yet, it is an absolute bohemith performance-wise. My only reservation was that I don't want Vista, and the m1330 doesn't offer XP as an option. Sigh... I decided to bite the bullet. A lot of schools (mine included) don't have Vista-compatible softwares yet, but I think (hope?) they will within the year.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. They'd both be excellent for law school. By purchasing the m1330, I was thinking more about the future than anything else. Come three years, I think it'll still be an excellent performer. Having a 200GB/7200rpm hard drive already has me salivating.

Word of warning, though -- if you decide to order the m1330, do it as soon as possible. Dell is already severely backordered. The "estimated" ship date for mine is mid-Auguest (meaning it will hopefully arrive in early August).
Ridin' the Green Wave to 2010...

lavender

• View Profile
Re: lenovo x61 vs dell xps m1330
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »
thanks! i know how you feel. i spent most of the day at work pouring over reviews on both..and still ended up confused by the end of the day.

me being a girlie girl and all loved the fact that i can get the m1330 in red =)