Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Public Speaking  (Read 514 times)

kevbar29

• AOL Instant Messenger - kevbar29
    • View Profile
    • Email
Public Speaking
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »
Any tips how I can improve on this? I used to be kind of shy when it came to speaking in front of a group of people, but now I actually want to get better at it (which I think is half the battle), but most of my opportunities are gone now that I'm graduating in Dec. What am I supposed to do, talk to myself?? lol
Fall 08: Georgetown or BU (30k/yr)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Public Speaking
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
if you can...add an oral communications class to your fall schedule...

Any tips how I can improve on this? I used to be kind of shy when it came to speaking in front of a group of people, but now I actually want to get better at it (which I think is half the battle), but most of my opportunities are gone now that I'm graduating in Dec. What am I supposed to do, talk to myself?? lol
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Public Speaking
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »
If you're serious about improving your public speaking, join toastmasters.  They're a club dedicated to improving public speaking, so you'll do a speach or presentation and the other members will help critique you.  It's supposed to be one of the best things you can do.

Other than that, just find ways to speak.  Can you volunteer to talk to a local school or ymca about college?  Present at your church?  Be creative and good luck!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn