Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Keeping a School on Hold?  (Read 614 times)

thechoson

  • Guest
Keeping a School on Hold?
« on: March 10, 2004, 07:04:58 PM »
Hello.  I have a dilemma now.  I received the happy news that I got into Cal Western today.  I am thrilled and honored, because this is my first acceptance letter!  Cal Western is certainly a school I'll consider (I am from San Diego)  but is not my first choice.
I am wondering if there is a way I can keep Cal Western on hold while I wait for dings or acceptances from my other schools.  Cal Western wants 225 by April 1st, so yea... I am not sure what the proper protocal for this situation is.
Thanks

steve2004

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Keeping a School on Hold?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 07:39:51 PM »
I just posted something similar to your post without having read yours. I am in a similar situation to yours. I have been offered a scholarship but I don't believe I'll know by April 1st whether or not I'm in at other schools. Some advice I have received on another message board: Contact the other schools you've applied to, and let them know about your deadline. Contact the school you've been accepted to, and find out whether the deadline is flexible at all. Hope that helps somewhat, and I hope that others will reply too.

Cherry

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 65
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping a School on Hold?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 04:08:29 AM »

I am also in the same boat I have two acceptances (Ohio Northern and F. Coastal) 

Can't I accept one of them, and then if I change my mind when (hopefully more acceptances come in )and just lose the deposit if a better school comes through?

steve2004

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Keeping a School on Hold?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 09:03:18 PM »
I heard that you can accept and then withdraw later. I'm not sure if this is true. I hope so...wish I could be of more help.