Law School Discussion

PRENUP - why is it such a sore topic?

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: PRENUP - why is it such a sore topic?
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
Oh. my.  I wanted to avoid substantive work SO MUCH that I just read all 23 pages of this mess. 

And all I have to say in response is that I think me and Piggy should get married. ;D

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2007, 04:32:51 PM »
I understand that sometimes internet message boards are useful tools for breaking information to people that's tough to break in person.  But your view seems to be a little different--you think that because you never have to deal with a person in person, you have zero incentive to behave with the slightest bit of common decency.
Actually, I'd challenge you to find anywhere I don't treat people with decency. I argue bluntly in discussions, but I've never resolved to putting people down, insults (more serious that being followed by a smiley at least) or any other form of trying to humiliate people. I've never talked down to anyone as a person. If I think you say something stupid, I'll state that. Just like plenty of people tell me my *&^% is stupid, but I don't go ragging on people, like quite a lot of the trolls around here do.

This fundamental lack of decency (you admit that you use decency/tact/whatever-you-call-it in dealing with people in person only because you have to face up to them) is usually a sign of insecurity, aggression, or some other sort of psychological issue.
Actually, it really isn't. Now, as I've said, I've never been aggressive, hostile or insulting to people here (albeit some people find it insulting that I strongly disagree with their point of views). But even that trolling, the worst form of trolling, XOXO-style really doesn't reflect anything on a person's psyche. It would be a mistake to draw any conclusions based on anything written on a forum like this.

Not only that, but because people act emotionally as well as rationally, your boorishness usually weakens whatever you are trying to communicate.
But that's ok, I'm not a politician, I have no need to win people over to my cause. If I'm the only one that feels the way I do and the rest of the world disagrees; that's perfectly fine by me.

TwinkyBean

• It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »
Anyone want to be a member of the Pen 15 club?..

TwinkyBean

• It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:45 PM »
Will you change your "ABOUT A 3.195223423563764734243" to a f-ing 3.2 plz.

I dont think you can have ABOUT a 3.195.

LOL.. I swear.. its got like 6 digits behind it! I think the next number is a 3.. I have no idea how that happens..

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
Speaking of gunners, is anybody who's on myspace friends with 'The Gunner'?

ETA: Here's the page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=199697043

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »
And all I have to say in response is that I think me and Piggy should get married. ;D

:o

Is your dog cat friendly??

Two dogs.  And yes, they live with a cat.  ;)

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »

Do they nibble on it?

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »

Do they nibble on it?

:P I was wondering which of you would jump on that first. 

No, the cat has claws. :D

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2007, 10:47:50 AM »
Naughty female private part.

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »