Law School Discussion

PRENUP - why is it such a sore topic?

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: PRENUP - why is it such a sore topic?
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
Not having a prenup is a sign of being mentally TTT. End of discussion.

I think you are being unnecessarily hard on people who do not share your worldview, Keno.
Oh, I am. I like to stomp on people's feet :p

And my penis does rule, thank you!
wtf?

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »

I think you are being unnecessarily hard on people who do not share your worldview, Keno.

Yeah, he even said in another thread that he's more confrontational on this board than he is in real life.  I guess it's a better means of channeling insecurity/aggression/whatever his issues are than taking it out on real people.

Amy Winehouse

• Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2007, 01:22:59 PM »

wtf?

Eh, the clitoris is just a penis without the Testes Determining Factor anyway.**

**please enjoy this mental image next time you are having sex, courtesy of Miss Amy Winehouse.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »
Yeah, he even said in another thread that he's more confrontational on this board than he is in real life.  I guess it's a better means of channeling insecurity/aggression/whatever his issues are than taking it out on real people.

By what stardards do you recon being more blunt on an internet forum equals channeling insecurity or aggression? It's just that there's no need to wrap things in when talking to people who means nothing to you. In real life, you'd be careful not to offend people because you're going to deal with them later. Here, that's not an issue, so you can pretty much say straight out what you think.

Eh, the clitoris is just a penis without the Testes Determining Factor anyway.**

**please enjoy this mental image next time you are having sex, courtesy of Miss Amy Winehouse.
Takes more than that to put me off my dear, a lot more. ;)

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »

wtf?

Wow. That's going to send me on a homophobic rage spree.

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

wtf?

I think that may actually just turn me on even more.

::"descends" into depravity::

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »

By what stardards do you recon being more blunt on an internet forum equals channeling insecurity or aggression? It's just that there's no need to wrap things in when talking to people who means nothing to you. In real life, you'd be careful not to offend people because you're going to deal with them later. Here, that's not an issue, so you can pretty much say straight out what you think.

I understand that sometimes internet message boards are useful tools for breaking information to people that's tough to break in person.  But your view seems to be a little different--you think that because you never have to deal with a person in person, you have zero incentive to behave with the slightest bit of common decency.  This fundamental lack of decency (you admit that you use decency/tact/whatever-you-call-it in dealing with people in person only because you have to face up to them) is usually a sign of insecurity, aggression, or some other sort of psychological issue.  Not only that, but because people act emotionally as well as rationally, your boorishness usually weakens whatever you are trying to communicate.

« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2007, 01:56:24 PM »

I understand that sometimes internet message boards are useful tools for breaking information to people that's tough to break in person.  But your view seems to be a little different--you think that because you never have to deal with a person in person, you have zero incentive to behave with the slightest bit of common decency.  This fundamental lack of decency (you admit that you use decency/tact/whatever-you-call-it in dealing with people in person only because you have to face up to them) is usually a sign of insecurity, aggression, or some other sort of psychological issue.  Not only that, but because people act emotionally as well as rationally, i have a pic of my kid as my avatar so the ladies are already on my side before they read what i post.

::)

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
Says the guy with a big hat in his 'tar.

A big hat like that got me laid once, no lie.

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »

I understand that sometimes internet message boards are useful tools for breaking information to people that's tough to break in person.  But your view seems to be a little different--you think that because you never have to deal with a person in person, you have zero incentive to behave with the slightest bit of common decency.  This fundamental lack of decency (you admit that you use decency/tact/whatever-you-call-it in dealing with people in person only because you have to face up to them) is usually a sign of insecurity, aggression, or some other sort of psychological issue.  Not only that, but because people act emotionally as well as rationally, i have a pic of my kid as my avatar so the ladies are already on my side before they read what i post.

::)

OK, credited.