Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Golden Gate--Worth my time?  (Read 838 times)

caligirl404

• View Profile
Golden Gate--Worth my time?
« on: July 05, 2007, 05:38:48 PM »
I just received my acceptance and scholarship offer from Golden Gate.  I'm currently on the waitlist at my top two choices (Soutwestern and Chapman), is Golden Gate worth my time?  I've definitely heard some of the negative but is there anything positive that would warrant me taking a trip to visit or consider attending?  I want to practice in California and am currently interested in either Criminal or Entertainment law...but obviously things change!  Any advice is definitely appreciated  :)

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Gate--Worth my time?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »
I just received my acceptance and scholarship offer from Golden Gate.  I'm currently on the waitlist at my top two choices (Soutwestern and Chapman), is Golden Gate worth my time?  I've definitely heard some of the negative but is there anything positive that would warrant me taking a trip to visit or consider attending?  I want to practice in California and am currently interested in either Criminal or Entertainment law...but obviously things change!  Any advice is definitely appreciated  :)

When they come off ABA probation I bet there will be a wicked f-in kegger.

caligirl404

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »
Anyone?

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 04:39:04 AM »
to be completly blunt, any T3 or T4 is a gamble. in my personal opinion only go if you can look at worst case scenario:  being paid 40-50k a year with X amount (depending on scholarship) in debt.  biglaw is hard to come by uness your the top 5-10% of your class. this goes for most law schools across the country but its ESP true for T3/T4. so its a big risk.  make sure your willing to take it..
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

LSATnooblet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 05:31:11 PM »
San Francisco is a nice city.

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »
Anyone?

I think taking a gamble on a T3/4 isnt that big of a problem, but taking a gamble on a school that is one of two schools on ABA probation is..