Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating & Relationships in Law School  (Read 21557 times)

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
Re: Dating & Relationships in Law School
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »
uh oh...is this a BOY FIGHT???

Ha!  Who de hell is you?

Lol.  Who a nukka gotta be?

Keep it steppin', pimpin'.

Lol.  Fight? Nah...More like banter.
Consuetudo pro lege servatur...Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »
Real quick, free speech is great.  However, no airing of personal business, please.

I apologize for not getting to it sooner, but with 2 weeks to go the bar has tended to give me a one track mind with a side  helping of tunnel vision.

Hope everybody is relaxed and feeling somewhat better. 
Be thankful you're not taking the bar exam. :P

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2007, 01:57:45 PM »
"Now this is the "dating & relationships thread", I'm curious as to why there aren't any questions/discussions on other "relationships" to be had in LS.  Like just being friends-  m/f,  mentor-mentee relationships (Sands mentioned he was a mentor to this guy, why not ask Sands about that instead of saying how much of a downer Sands' post was; I just mentioned that I have a mentor, ask me about that), professor/student relationships (dating or otherwise);"

Wait wait...folks actually date their professors? wtf...I saw a few prof profiles on my law school's website and I don't see how that's plausible AT ALL. blech
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »
"Now this is the "dating & relationships thread", I'm curious as to why there aren't any questions/discussions on other "relationships" to be had in LS.  Like just being friends-  m/f,  mentor-mentee relationships (Sands mentioned he was a mentor to this guy, why not ask Sands about that instead of saying how much of a downer Sands' post was; I just mentioned that I have a mentor, ask me about that), professor/student relationships (dating or otherwise);"

Wait wait...folks actually date their professors? wtf...I saw a few prof profiles on my law school's website and I don't see how that's plausible AT ALL. blech

H is infamous for professor-student dating relationships.  One of my best friends had the illest crush on one prof, and they went out for dinner and everything.  I dunno if it was ever serious, but she did have the ill crush on ole dude.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »

There we go.   :D  same at my school. YUUUUCK! However it does happen.  Some of the professors are kinda young, well sorta.  I mostly heard that someone was dating a professor at a nearby school.  Not really a big deal, just gotta make sure no one finds out.  Mostly because it could give rise to accusations like they're getting help academically.  Which-  I think is kinda nuts; the only way I can see that happening is in legal writing. It's not like the professor can take the exams in the other classes for the student.     
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King