Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating & Relationships in Law School  (Read 21178 times)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: Dating & Relationships in Law School
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »
I'm glad to see this is being discussed. I'm in a serious relationship and once I move to Chicago for ls, we'll be long distance  :(. Just hoping and praying that we'll be okay...

ha. girls get rid of their bfs quick at my school. lol at least the black girls anyway.

Interesting. And what school is that?

harvard. they be lookin' for the upgrade.

Not in my class.  Looks like the black women in c/o 2009 have, as a group, tended to stay with their non-law school boyfriends.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2007, 02:27:36 PM »
I'm glad to see this is being discussed. I'm in a serious relationship and once I move to Chicago for ls, we'll be long distance  :(. Just hoping and praying that we'll be okay...

ha. girls get rid of their bfs quick at my school. lol at least the black girls anyway.

Not in my class.  Looks like the black women in c/o 2009 have, as a group, tended to stay with their non-law school boyfriends.

same at Yale.
YLS c/o 2009

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »

really? for some reason I think the other classes were different.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »

same at Yale.

Of the ones I know, though, there wouldn't really be anything to upgrade to.  They're all power couples.  I wonder if there's a differential in the break-up rate between those who are dating others in grad/prof schools and those who are dating people with less educational attainment.

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »
Checked out my school's BLSA website and definitely saw no upgrade material.  Heck, I didnt even see any "let me play around with this for a minute" material...
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »

really? for some reason I think the other classes were different.

I mean, I know of a couple of couplings in my class.  I don't believe any of the women involved were in relationships prior to their HLS couplings, but I don't know too much about their business.  Even if a bunch of the women left their men upon arrival at HLS, they either haven't been impressed with us or too busy chasing B-School guys to make that fact signficant.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
there probably is.. i can tell you from experience...the person that i dated in the past seemed to be intimidated by the moves that i'm making (or that i was making back then)..that doesn't seem to be a problem with my current relationship as we are both on this "power" track...i guess that makes me wonder... are some men intimidated by women that either A- make more money than they do or B- have more and/or better education?

same at Yale.

Of the ones I know, though, there wouldn't really be anything to upgrade to.  They're all power couples.  I wonder if there's a differential in the break-up rate between those who are dating others in grad/prof schools and those who are dating people with less educational attainment.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
yes
Look to the left -- Look to the right

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »
there probably is.. i can tell you from experience...the person that i dated in the past seemed to be intimidated by the moves that i'm making (or that i was making back then)..that doesn't seem to be a problem with my current relationship as we are both on this "power" track...i guess that makes me wonder... are some men intimidated by women that either A- make more money than they do or B- have more and/or better education?

same at Yale.

LOL, you sound like a black Harvard woman already.  You'll fit in nicely.

But hey, you may have a point.  Some guys may be intimidated.  Entirely plausible.  Black women at Harvard may also be setting their sights too high and missing out on a lot of good guys (the Daddy's Little Girl problem).

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 02:49:22 PM »

Of course they are.  That's why you should get a dood that either doesn't mind or is also on the power track, like you said.