Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating & Relationships in Law School  (Read 21195 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Dating & Relationships in Law School
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
The problem isn't having the relationship.  The problem is still attending that same school and moving in the same circles when the relationship ends (even if it ends on "good terms").

I tend to agree.  I'm not saying don't do it, but it can become "sticky" when things end, especially since the black communities at most schools are really small and incestuous anyway.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »
The problem isn't having the relationship.  The problem is still attending that same school and moving in the same circles when the relationship ends (even if it ends on "good terms").

I tend to agree.  I'm not saying don't do it, but it can become "sticky" when things end, especially since the black communities at most schools are really small and incestuous anyway.

date white people then.

ETA: I'm incognegro at my school.. so it wouldn't matter. lol
Look to the left -- Look to the right

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
I'm dating a girl who just finished her 1L year of law school. We started in the first semester, and it was fine. If you're a particularly needy person who needs to be with your significant other large portions of every week, then hold off. But if you're normal and can stand to only really "see" your SO a few nights a week, you shouldn't have any problem.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »
LMAO.  this question keeps on being asked every cycle is seems (if u did a search like 10 things will pop up).  The attitude of PLS II is  dating as a release.  I say, date in ur second semester if u must.  1L, 1st semester hell no.  I have a strong no dating policy in my particular ls.  Neighboring schools... fine.  Long distance...fine.  But have to veto the whole dating in your particular school.  Break up, then that's one person that u may think u have to avoid.  Unnecessary potential drama.  Not a good look.   Anything that causes u drama in ls needs to be dropped. 

Dating in your school is a bad look.  Dating in your university is slightly better if it's large.  I did the dating within the university jump-off second semester; again, not a good look.  But dating long distance or someone who ain't at the school is fine.

I humbly disagree.

I do too. I don't see why two adults can't have a romantic relationship just cause they go to school together. Just be grown about it and it's fine.

Just because folks go to LS does not mean they're grown.  LS is kinda like high school all over again-  only this time we're on our own and drive our own cars. Still wit the lockers and still with petty drama.  "ooooh I saw so and so studying with such and such in the library but then he was studing with someone else on friday"   gettheheckoutta here!  Never thought anyone in LS could be needy.  Surely someone in LS would be self-reliant; self-entertainable. The admissions/LSAT process should surely mellow 'em out. Nope.  Was def proven wrong. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:20 AM »
LMAO.  this question keeps on being asked every cycle is seems (if u did a search like 10 things will pop up).  The attitude of PLS II is  dating as a release.  I say, date in ur second semester if u must.  1L, 1st semester hell no.  I have a strong no dating policy in my particular ls.  Neighboring schools... fine.  Long distance...fine.  But have to veto the whole dating in your particular school.  Break up, then that's one person that u may think u have to avoid.  Unnecessary potential drama.  Not a good look.   Anything that causes u drama in ls needs to be dropped. 

Dating in your school is a bad look.  Dating in your university is slightly better if it's large.  I did the dating within the university jump-off second semester; again, not a good look.  But dating long distance or someone who ain't at the school is fine.

I humbly disagree.

I do too. I don't see why two adults can't have a romantic relationship just cause they go to school together. Just be grown about it and it's fine.

Just because folks go to LS does not mean they're grown.  LS is kinda like high school all over again-  only this time we're on our own and drive our own cars. Still wit the lockers and still with petty drama.  "ooooh I saw so and so studying with such and such in the library but then he was studing with someone else on friday"   gettheheckoutta here!  Never thought anyone in LS could be needy.  Surely someone in LS would be self-reliant; self-entertainable. The admissions/LSAT process should surely mellow 'em out. Nope.  Was def proven wrong. 

I'll be damned if I'd let a bunch of childish law students and their gossip deter me from dating a woman I wanted.
YLS c/o 2009

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »

I humbly disagree.

eh college was like highschool too...if you dealt with ish in college, i'm sure you can deal with it in ls.

ppl should man up and go on about their business.
Columbia 3L

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

I humbly disagree.

eh college was like highschool too...if you dealt with ish in college, i'm sure you can deal with it in ls.

ppl should man up and go on about their business.

precisely
YLS c/o 2009

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »

I'll be damned if I'd let a bunch of childish law students and their gossip deter me from dating a woman I wanted.

titcr
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »

Yeah, who cares what other people think about such things?

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 11:36:45 AM »
Oh, definitely f*ck what others say.  But it can still be very uncomfortable, annoying, or painful for YOU to have to see this chick every day for the next 2 years if it doesn't work out.  That's a female dog.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.