Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating & Relationships in Law School  (Read 21575 times)

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dating & Relationships in Law School
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:53:25 PM »
Sorry if this thread is going on somewhere else but it seems to be of discussion on several boards. Should you date in law school?  Is there time for a relationship?  Who is hunting who (sisters after the brothers or brothers after the sisters)?  Anyone care to share their stories?
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Dating & Relationships in Law School
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:34:03 PM »
Sorry if this thread is going on somewhere else but it seems to be of discussion on several boards. 1Should you date in law school?  2Is there time for a relationship?  3Who is hunting who (sisters after the brothers or brothers after the sisters)?  4Anyone care to share their stories?

1. Sure, if you meet the right person.
2. Yes
3. Both I guess.
4. No stories to share...
Look to the left -- Look to the right

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »
Hey babe!!

Good questions!!

In all honesty, I am going to try my best to avoid anything from distracting me my very first semester...including cute, nerdy guys *sigh*  :-\  lol we will see how that works out!  I am as single as a hit song...so I have no stories to add whatsoever!  :D
"What you get free costs too much."
-Jean Anouilh

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »
Hey babe!!

Good questions!!

In all honesty, I am going to try my best to avoid anything from distracting me my very first semester...including cute, nerdy guys *sigh*  :-\  lol we will see how that works out!  I am as single as a hit song...so I have no stories to add whatsoever!  :D

great line. I'm stealing it. :)

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:56:49 AM »
Sorry if this thread is going on somewhere else but it seems to be of discussion on several boards. Should you date in law school?  Is there time for a relationship?  Who is hunting who (sisters after the brothers or brothers after the sisters)?  Anyone care to share their stories?

I dont know the answer to any of your questions.  But I plan on making it over to my schools school of education at some point to find me a school teacher-guidance counselor slash wife.  Probably around the end of my 2L year. 

The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:05:04 AM »
great line. I'm stealing it.

lol girl, please feel free!!  I don't know where I heard it from...but I could relate to it so well!

But I plan on making it over to my schools school of education at some point to find me a school teacher-guidance counselor slash wife.  Probably around the end of my 2L year.

lol I like how you have your future wifey fulfilling multiple roles already!  I plan on being in the School of Engineering taking applications, myself!  Something about those Biomedical Engineers!!  :D
"What you get free costs too much."
-Jean Anouilh

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:25 AM »
No dating or relationships in 1L, unless its with your civ pro book.  I plan to take it out on the town occasionally.

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:45:01 AM »
Knowing my luck, I'll probably meet the man of my dreams and have to turn him away.  :'(

:D

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 08:02:02 AM »
Sorry if this thread is going on somewhere else but it seems to be of discussion on several boards. 1Should you date in law school?  2Is there time for a relationship?  3Who is hunting who (sisters after the brothers or brothers after the sisters)?  4Anyone care to share their stories?

1. Sure, if you meet the right person.
2. Yes
3. Both I guess.
4. No stories to share...

I agree with the above.  I'm in a relationship that I plan to continue through law school.  We've been long distance for two years, so I definitely have experience being flexible and working through a less than ideal experience.  Maybe I'll have stories to share after 1L.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 08:07:18 AM »
Great idea on finding a cutie in another grad school program. Dont think I could date another law school student.  Imagine what an argument would be like?
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.