Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sports Agent  (Read 2560 times)

adeiso

• View Profile
Sports Agent
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:05:39 PM »
Hello all,

I'm taking a some what non-traditional route after law school and joining the ranks of arrogant, loud, and obnoxious sports agents.  My overall goal is to become a general manager for an baseball franchise.  Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in this path?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Agent
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »
I would be curious to know why, of all the boards on this website, you chose this one to post this question in ... perhaps you do not understand the concept of meta discussion.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

hypergex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:35 AM »
Even though the board is weird, I'll bite.

This career would be a dream. However, both are 1 in a million chance and I am not sure there is a clear path to either career unless you got an internship during your undergrad with a baseball team, or have a friend who is going to be drafted in a major sport after graduation. For me, I would love to do it but it is too uncertain how to get there so it may not be worth the pursuit.
1L - SIU

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »
Hello all,

I'm taking a some what non-traditional route after law school and joining the ranks of arrogant, loud, and obnoxious sports agents.
I'm going to be the Chief Justice. I'm glad I finally found someone else with a decent portion of confidence on this board.

My overall goal is to become a general manager for an baseball franchise.  Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in this path?
Due to the lack of dreaming 13 year olds on this board, I'm tempted to say no.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
No need to be sorry, we just wanted to point out you're looking at an exceptional long shot type of career. Even if you know people who might be going pro, it's far from certain they'd be willing to put their careers in the hands of a fresh lawyer, just because you happen to be their friend.

Both of the jobs are obviously attainable, but it's about as competitive as it can get.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »
Don't apologize, I was just pointing out that this is the least-trafficked board on LSD.  But yeah, if you have connections it would be pretty pimp to be an agent.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »
Hmm, or just being a pimp. That's kinda like being an agent too I guess. But the law degree is optional.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »
Hello all,

I'm taking a some what non-traditional route after law school and joining the ranks of arrogant, loud, and obnoxious sports agents.
I'm going to be the Chief Justice. I'm glad I finally found someone else with a decent portion of confidence on this board.

That assumes I'd appoint you, no?

------

Anyway, being an Agent is an AWFUL way to end up as an MLB GM. A JD is required for neither job, but it is helpful as an agent to have one.
VIP.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 06:28:25 AM »
Hello all,

But you would. I have access to tons of cookies.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »
Hello all,

But you would. I have access to tons of cookies.

What sort of cookies?
VIP.