Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD  (Read 34488 times)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2007, 02:03:29 AM »
Err...
::curtsies::  ::stumbles::

::takes another drink::

subtle goalie troll?

--

(well done, qui)

I was so going there...
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
Uh oh.  Not sure I'll like this. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »
I wanna play!  I don't know how I missed this thread.  Must have been those few days that I actually had work to do.

How you found LSD
I don't remember, prolly through google.  It was back in Oct/Nov 2005, a good 8 months before I even took the LSAT.

How your posting style changed over time
I don't think it's changed much, except that my early posts were really LSAT/law school obsessesed (ie OCOA noob).  Now I don't care as much, though I still enjoy the occaisional good argument.

How many alts you have, if any
None. I'm too lazy.  Plus, I prolly have a few grammatical/spelling quirks that would be easy to identify if one really tried.

Any crushes you've had
Not in the traditional sense. Several girl crushes.

Any enemies you've made
I don't think I'd go as far as to call them enemies, but there are several posters that I've strongly disliked at one point or another (jarhead, keno, and captain longshot come to mind).

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why
I started off almost exclusively at BLSD.  I think that's the only board that I've posted on consistently throughout my lsd journey.  I used the LSAT board for prep, then moved on to the application board, eventually found otb, then the now defunct NLSA ( :'() became my daily hangout.  Now I mostly stick with BLSD and the OTB.  I try to hang with the cool kids at SFLSD sometimes, but they're on a completely opposite time schedule.

Or anything else that you think is interesting
If it wasn't for LSD, I think I would have lost my mind in the loooooong boring days at work.  Then again, I would have been a lot more productive...
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
Productive's overrated.

I have my 6 month appraisal tomorrow (even though I'm leaving in like 3 weeks).  I know that I haven't even touched some of my "goals".  :-\
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2007, 02:13:52 PM »
Productive's overrated.

I have my 6 month appraisal tomorrow (even though I'm leaving in like 3 weeks).  I know that I haven't even touched some of my "goals".  :-\

touching goals is fun, though!

LSD: decreasing touching since 2005?

lsn

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
Productive's overrated.

touching goals is fun, though!

Isn't she on vacation?
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »
How you found LSD
Google the night before the LSAT, trying to determine if testers really aren't allowed to pee for six thousand hours

How your posting style changed over time
I used to occasionally glance at Craigslist R&R and, I guess, thought all semi-anonymous online boards were dominated by bitter, angry people.  LSD has helped me realize that one can be confident and forthcoming without fear of provoking a descent into .... So yeah, that.

How many alts you have, if any
Zero x one

Any crushes you've had
Zero x three

Any enemies you've made
Like cahow said, no enemies.  There's what I assume is unreciprocated animosity for a few who are stuck in rich-white-people (&or totally-self-centered) land

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why
First, searching for topics; now it's usually browsing the last 200 that seem relevant.  While still totally naive, the most useful topics for me are usually those that others are also thinking about

Or anything else that you think is interesting
Two things that would improve the experience for some of us.

It's awesome that people forge friendships and all that, but it seems like many threads shift into conversations among  "lsd obsessed," often preventing further insights on a topic.  Like, nothing wrong with superficial conversation, but the topic is often entirely lost.

I also suspect that some people are turned off by what may be perceived as elitism/insults.
[/quote]
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2007, 11:00:42 PM »
How odd.

And why hasn't our threadstarter contributed to this lovely collage of LSD experiences?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2007, 11:12:09 PM »

It's awesome that people forge friendships and all that, but it seems like many threads shift into conversations among  "lsd obsessed," often preventing further insights on a topic.  Like, nothing wrong with superficial conversation, but the topic is often entirely lost.

I also suspect that some people are turned off by what may be perceived as elitism/insults.

I think you're right, and I used to complain about this a lot myself. 

::looks at shoes::
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2007, 11:53:11 PM »

I think you're right, and I used to complain about this a lot myself. 

::looks at shoes::

I think the more savvy of us have learned to avoid the message board debate altogether; others have a territorial complex. They've made their arguments, and often don't have the energy to keep repeating them everytime someone starts a thread claiming "oh noes AA is unfair."

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.