Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD  (Read 32956 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
It will end with a battle royale between J and Hank Rearden, but just as Hank is about to lose he turns into a creature of pure light which, I guess, symbolizes that he has learned to love dark people and poor people.  The Strad character will pop her head into frame, yell a non-sequitor, and quickly pop out of frame again, and she'll do this once every minute.  It will be very sophisticated.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2007, 02:51:39 PM »
You're such a deck cyber runner.

:D  "deck"!

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

notagoodidea

• Sr. Citizen
  • Out the window.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »
coughMissP?cough

Kitty will take care of mine for me.

I'll just answer the question that drove you all here since I don't think she'd do my crushlets justice.

Crushes

All-Time Greatest: A certain curmudgeonly d-dubber who's taken leave
The Original: My Captain
Gives life to the term "meatspace," in a good way: Gengis
Lesbo-on-boy, catfight-inspiring: Jimfoolery, a recent enthusiasm
Cryptic cuteness: Jorge, Huey
High school boyfriend-style: Credo
Boytoy: Cal
RL: [secret]

etc.

::feels fuzzy, in a cryptic sort of way::

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »
<-didn't make the cut  :'(

Oh, you definitely make the cut.  Also: there is a lot of etc.; there is the [secret] spot; you usually want non-prurient hugs.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
Can I play?

How you found LSD

I've been on since 2004...I'm assuming I Googled something or other?  I'm like archival tho, I didn't start actively posting until I was on late-winter splitter tenterhooks.

How your posting style changed over time

Has it?  I guess I've become shorter with people; I'd like to think I'm only bitchy to those who deserve it, but isn't that always the self-placating justification?  I'm probably just getting old(er) and crabb(ier).

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all

Pure, unadulterated me.

How many alts you have, if any

As if I'd bother!

Any crushes you've had

I've had crushes on most of my LSD playmates at one time or another.  There're a few who are like my anti-crushes, but it would be mean-spirited to call them out.

Any enemies you've made

You tell me.  I'm sure that I've earned some enmity somewhere along the line, but I'm not really enough of an LSD presence to have snagged active enemies. 

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why

I've followed the usual LSD evolution in that I spend time in fewer threads now.  These days it's mostly Michigan-related content.  Then again, everything becomes Michigan-related. :D

....Or anything else that you think is interesting

I've been lucky enough to see LSD connections morph into RL friendships in a bunch of cases.  My dearests at school are mostly people who started out as LSD acquaintances.  I sense that several from the new Mich crop will fall under this header soon.  Then there are a few others (Ade and P and archival in particular) who would be RL friends but for time and space.  So I've found these intermediary SortaRealLife pals. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »
Then there are a few others (Ade and P and archival in particular) who would be RL friends but for time and space. 

The feeling is mutual, and boy, do I feel special!   :-[ <--- happy blush

notagoodidea

• Sr. Citizen
  • Out the window.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »
How you found LSD
Compulsive googling following the June 2006 LSAT.  Just like magic I've spent 63 days of the past year online

I donít know that it has.  Consistent if nothing else, right? 

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all
Mostly meómore reserved or less reserved, depending.  More sarcastic or facetious than Iím able to imply sometimes.  Trending towards more shtick and more me over time? 

None that Iíd readily classify as alts.  Iíd give it up and/or away too easily plus Iím spread thin as it is. 

Any crushes you've had
Just exclude the posters I donít like and the ones I donít know.  Chances are good.

Any enemies you've made
None that I can think of.  Maybe thatís something I should be asking instead.  Letsnot of course. 

The threads I hang out in have changed as posters have moved around but have always been pretty limited in number.  I have something like a 3:1 message to post ratio counting the 2000 or so posts Iíve deleted over the past year and am blissfully or not unaware of a majority of LSD. 

The posters I interact with most (on and off LSD) seem to be the same ones who have intimidated me at some point or another (in a good way).  Friends, etc.  Plus all of that helpful law school stuff.  It feels like there's something caught in my throat. 

I'm done. 

/candy store

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
OMGIforgotBump.

C'mon people. Stand up and be counted.

do your magic.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »
How you found LSD
A friend told me about it.  She posted about 10 times or something.  I, um, didn't.

I think that I'm better at expressing different meanings through sentence construction than I used to be.

Me.

nope

Any crushes you've had
There have been a couple.  I choose to remain silent on issues of crushes.

Any enemies you've made
Um...

Yes and no.  In any case, I always either take to a group or form one.

<---boring
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.