Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD  (Read 34277 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »
BAFF for when I get back with my sandwich.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »
I found LSD via J's fake LSN profile. Well, from poking around on LSN.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 10:51:24 PM »
How you found LSD

I'm not quite sure anymore. I'd just decided that I was going to study law in California, and nothing was going to stop me. IIRC, I was Googling for information regarding Canadians studying law in the United States. I stumbled onto a thread on the Oh, Canada! board, started lurking as I'm apt to do on message boards, realized what a potential goldmine of information the site could be, and turned it into an official time sap when I registered in late October of 2005.

How your posting style changed over time

The format itself is still pretty much the same. My posts tend to be a bit shorter now, as I continue to get more and more lazy. I also spend much less time rehashing the same substantive *&^% over and over again, partly because I've already wasted too much time on it already, and partly because you can't teach a feminine hygiene product not to be a feminine hygiene product.

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all

Both major accounts -- J and Seal -- are sort of a schtick version of the real me, in different ways. The only major change came when I switched from J to Seal (formerly Memories of the OPC).

How many alts you have, if any

I can't even remember. A whole bunch. Only two of them were really successful, though. I won't say which ones.

Any crushes you've had

No "real" crushes, but if I had to stretch the definition, I'd say three. I'm not going to say who, since some of these posters may still be kicking around.

Any enemies you've made

Oh, tons. Other than the obvious -- bluewarrior, breadboy, and Rearden -- I've taken it upon myself to counter-flame numerous trolls, which isn't always properly received by other posters. That, and I'm a jackass. So yeah, many enemies. But whatever.

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why

Well, in one way, no. I'm still drawn to the same TYPES of threads, as well as the same TYPES of posters. But since the sites evolves over time, I've had to evolve with it. Over the last half a year or so, I've narrowed my posting down into a handful of threads, most notably SFLSD, which, in many ways, is reminiscent of J's old haunt, the Overnight Posters' Club (RIP). The core that remains of the posters with whom I interacted with J is the same one with which I interact now. A few posters have been added to the mix, most notably cal, Cady, Gengis, and goalie.

....Or anything else that you think is interesting

Stanley Watson III is actually a bot. I thought that was really weird when I found it out.

Also, I miss SCgrad.

Dude, this almost reads like your obituary. also, you lie. you are nothing like formerj.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 10:59:45 PM »
Duck, this pestering is lame now, dude.  I moved on.  Move on yourself.  Both characters represent a different side of me.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:43 PM »
Duck, this pestering is lame now, dude. I moved on. Move on yourself. Both characters represent a different side of me.

You shouldn't have asked me to come back. :D
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
Duck, this pestering is lame now, dude. I moved on. Move on yourself. Both characters represent a different side of me.

You shouldn't have asked me to come back. :D

Good point!   :D :D :D

Seriously, though, you're a lifer.  Law school's going to send you right back here time and time again.

I miss the old DW tars.   :D

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 11:36:47 PM »
How you found LSD

MTG recommended it.

How your posting style changed over time

Quite a bit.  I used to be quite naive; now I really don't care too much.

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all

Very little actually me.

How many alts you have, if any

A couple, but not Smails, I swear.

Any crushes you've had

Used to be demingh, but I can't say that anymore because we're about to go to the same school, and that would be kind of creepy.

Any enemies you've made

J and halfie I guess.  I don't like it when people don't like me.

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why

Started out on the LSAT section, then went to the Application section, then the Off-Topic Board, and now I like to visit them all. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 12:19:36 AM »
maybe a little nicer than IRL

She couldn't tell a lie.   :-*
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »
I think you're thinking of Miss P.

I'm pleased as punch to be confused with Cady.  But Cady, you have my regrets.

(tag)
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 01:45:08 AM »
I think you're thinking of Miss P.

I'm pleased as punch to be confused with Cady.  But Cady, you have my regrets.

(tag)

I think I'm the one who should be pleased, P. You actually say intelligent things.

::bats BFTs absentmindedly::