Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD  (Read 33882 times)

teal

• View Profile
ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:36:01 PM »

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Describe Our Experience of LSD
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
How I found LSD: Via LSN, via the UChicago applicant board.

How your posting style changed over time: started out serious, then tending toward the ridiculous, now comfortable with either.

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all: I changed my name a few times during 1L 1 semester, but most of the time I've been pretty consistently mediocre.

How many alts you have, if any: 0.

Any crushes you've had: 0.  Happily married and not looking for e-flirtation.

Any enemies you've made: None (I think); I enjoy debate, but try not to make it personal.
---------------------------------

Good thread concept.  I predict it dies or is hijacked before we get through a page.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »
lot's of pretty colors.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 04:52:27 PM »
tag
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »
I found LSD via J's fake LSN profile. Well, from poking around on LSN.

My first post was a recap of my applicaton-related neuroses.

For a while I made somewhat substantial posts in serious threads. I also goofed around in the Thounge and joked around with a few regs including Thou, that Battlestar Galactica guy from Rutgers--Jerry?, Stan, P, Spaulding, and Red.

Eventually I started posting in the D-dub. It took me a while to distinguish between posters when they were all changing their name. I'm not sure that I ever totally grasped who was who.

I realized that I was spending too much time on LSD and unceremoniously deleted my account. Then I missed it and felt bad for not saying goodbye to some people. I took the courageous step of re-registering.

Most of my favorite posters migrated to SFLSD over a month or so. Eventually I started posting there as well when it became an off-topic bonanza.

Now I just post anectdotes and nonsense.

Two harmless crushes along the way. Not telling.

No alts.

Haven't managed to make any enemies so far as I know, despite disliking a couple posters.

/navel gazing
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 05:33:57 PM »
How you found LSD

From a link or mention on LSN I think (which I found from some CALI blog, which I found on Google)

How your posting style changed over time

I was a feminine hygiene product when I got here, and a feminine hygiene product I remain.

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all

When replying to serious threads, I was myself. Everything else is schtick, I guess.

How many alts you have, if any

I am Smails, JulieFern, Yo Da Blue, ==cal==...

Any crushes you've had

All teh wimmins!

Any enemies you've made

Smails, JulieFern...

VIP.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »
Only been around for less than a year, but instead of just "tagging" it, I'll offer up some answers anyway, ignore them if I'm too much of a noob :p Seems I've at least managed to getting myself noticed around here :)

How you found LSD
One of my fellow LSAT takers mentioned it to me, so my first day here was the day after my LSAT

How your posting style changed over time
Don't think so, I alternate between being an ass and being helpful. It works so far:)

Whether you were mostly shticks or mostly just you and how that changed over time if at all
No shticks or anything, but a lot more 'blunt' than I would be in real life.

How many alts you have, if any
none

Any crushes you've had
none, don't really get the cyber-love-thingy. Plenty of cute and nice girls here tho.

Any enemies you've made
I've obviously made people dislike me, but I don't really have a dislike for them. I enjoy a heated argument.

Whether the posters/threads you hang with/in have changed over time and why
hum... I spam everywhere.

....Or anything else that you think is interesting
Not much, besides pushing people's buttons, I do hope people find some of my posts helpful:) I've put a lot of time into researching things that means nothing to me personally.

notagoodidea

• Sr. Citizen
  • Out the window.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »
I don't really know that I have a lot to contribute here, though it seems like I should, but tag!

What Gengis said.  At least the first and third parts. 

I'll just look forward to her second part. 

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 09:29:32 PM »
'I want to follow this thread but I'm not preftijus enough to make a list' tag.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 10:09:58 PM »
I don't have BFTs.

Of all the things to lie about... Now I'm glad I'm not going to Penn... saved me the disappointment.

Oh, and didn't you and Letsgo have a scuffle? Better add her to the 'enemies' list.
VIP.