Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 16961 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
i believe in love...but at the moment love sucks.

i always liked this quote from a xena ep:  "love is a trick that nature plays on you to get you to reproduce."
Columbia 3L

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2007, 05:40:53 PM »
Xena quotes?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
Do the guys who responded see themselves getting engaged or even married while in law school?

And ladies, would you accept a proposal from a serious S.O. if it came while you were in law school? Aren't there some women who feel they "have" to be married by age 30?

Def not one of those women that must be married by 30. Honestly, no, I dont think I would accept the proposal.  If he's the man for me, he'd klnow to wait until at least my last exam
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »
We're smart enough not to buy into the oldest myth running: love.

- Gordon Gecko
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »
I think folks should wait until they are at least 30 before getting married.  You really dont know what you want in a relationship until then and it gives you an opportunity to figure it all out.

I cant even think about a marriage proposal in law school or even dating for that matter.  Where does the time come from to actually be in a relationship in law school?
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

The Dukes

• FCOJ
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
We believe in love. We love green slips of currency, the stock market, and frozen concentrated orange juice!
Money is everything.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »
I think folks should wait until they are at least 30 before getting married.  You really dont know what you want in a relationship until then and it gives you an opportunity to figure it all out.

I cant even think about a marriage proposal in law school or even dating for that matter.  Where does the time come from to actually be in a relationship in law school?

I totally disagree.  I know plenty of people who got married in their 20s who are still married.  I also know plenty of people who got married in their 30s who are divorced.  I think it's a little silly to set an arbitrary age at which all of a sudden you become wise.  Some people know what they want fairly early and find it early.  Some people know what they want early but find it later on.  And some people never know what they want out of a relationship!

That said, my arbitary cutoff 'age' would be post college graduation.  Once they're out of my house and off my dime they're free to live life as they choose!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
I think folks should wait until they are at least 30 before getting married.  You really dont know what you want in a relationship until then and it gives you an opportunity to figure it all out.

i disagree with the bolded...some ppl know what they want and are mature enough to handle marriage at a younger age.  now i'm not saying to get married at 19/20 but waiting til at least 30 seems a bit extreme
Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »
I think folks should wait until they are at least 30 before getting married.   You really dont know what you want in a relationship until then and it gives you an opportunity to figure it all out.

I totally disagree.  I know plenty of people who got married in their 20s who are still married.  I also know plenty of people who got married in their 30s who are divorced.  I think it's a little silly to set an arbitrary age at which all of a sudden you become wise.  Some people know what they want fairly early and find it early.  Some people know what they want early but find it later on.  And some people never know what they want out of a relationship!

That said, my arbitary cutoff 'age' would be post college graduation.  Once they're out of my house and off my dime they're free to live life as they choose!

titcr

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 08:20:48 AM »
To all who disagree with my comment about waiting until at least 30 to get married...

#1.  Usually people under the age of 30 always tend to disagree with this statement.  I encourage you to re-visit this thought once you hit your early 30's. (No I am not 30 yet but I grew up pretty fast so technically I am about 35)

#2.  To say that waiting until 30 is extreme once again proves my point.  30 is not ancient and no there is not a stroke of wisdom that hits you on your 30th birthday (I am assuming), it is simply a good reference point.  By the age of 30, people usually have a better perception of who they are and they are a bit more stable in their career and hopefully their finances.

#3.  I am definitely not saying that it is not possible to find that special someone at any moment or point in your life.  All I am saying is that waiting a little bit longer and getting to know yourself a little better doesn't hurt.

#4.  There will always be exceptions to the rule.  Just like you may know several people that got married in their twenties and are still together and several that got married in their thirties and divorced, I am pretty sure that I can go tit for tat with you on those stats (was not trying to rhyme).
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.