Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 16828 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »
I think the chemicals play a large role.  Of course, it's also psychological.  Combine the two and voila: love!

But how is that revolutionary, you know?  What choices in our lives aren't some combo of the psychological and the physical?

I guess the isolation of exactly which hormones, and that they're the same ones that underlie drug addiction.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2007, 03:22:01 PM »
not sure but prolly discovery.  The folks have io digital cable and it was an upper channel
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »
How do you get rid of oxytocin? :-\

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 03:30:52 PM »
no i dont think it was seratonin.  It was some other thing that I didnt quite catch cause it was oddly stated.  It makes men want to "protect".  Had the experiment done on a gerbil.  At first the gerbil would just act buck wild.  Running around.  Gave him a dose of this stuff and he'd only fight if the "wife" and kids were threatened.  This drug made it docile-  reserving its aggression only when necessary. And it made him settle down-  picking one gerbilette to settle down with as oppossed to many.  This is suppossed to correspond to human males somekindahow.  

But with females-  it's "touching" that does it  

How do you get rid of oxytocin? :-\

why would u wanna get rid of it?  According to the show, no touching--> reduction levels of oxytocin 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »
I only want to permanently rid myself of it in relation to one individual.

Maybe I can do some kind of aversion therapy for this person. Maybe every time I talk to him or see him I can sniff something that smells bad.

OCLawGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »
Love is a state of mind...it's an emotion that fades away. Most people don't stay in love, they just get use to it and stick in there for comfort or for the kids.

Just get a pre-nup!

Do I believe in love?  I believe in people feeling they are in love.

a girl after my own heart! (though i don't think prenups r a cure all in the least)

I wasn't implying it's a cure.  It's more of a protection...it's more of if you really want to, at least get one - just in case.
"Yes, I'm URM!  And if you think for a min that I'm going to turn down any law school acceptance 'cause you feel I don't deserve it, you must be high on something.  I'm not giving up my seat at the front of the bus! Deal with it!" - LSN Unknown

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:23 PM »
I only want to permanently rid myself of it in relation to one individual.

Maybe I can do some kind of aversion therapy for this person. Maybe every time I talk to him or see him I can sniff something that smells bad.

:D :D  totally feel u.  Cant figure out what u should sniff tho.   :-\ :D  They did say something about not seeing a person after seeing  him and receiving high levels of oxytocin ---> increase levels to where u will think about him when he's not there  :o

I dont buy it tho.  

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »
Do the guys who responded see themselves getting engaged or even married while in law school?

And ladies, would you accept a proposal from a serious S.O. if it came while you were in law school? Aren't there some women who feel they "have" to be married by age 30?
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
I'm going to propose on my graduation day... if I have a gf or not.  :P
Look to the left -- Look to the right