Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 17294 times)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »
No.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »
I sure do!
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:56 AM »
You don't know what love is.  You just do as you're told. 

(subtle White Stripes tag)
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »
Do you guys believe in all that chemical stuff?  Was flipping thru the channels and came across this love study.  Apparently if a woman somehow gets a high dosage of oxycotin (sp?) she'll be attached to the man she's with.  Guys get another hormone (not testosterone..started with an s I think) which makes them want to protect the woman.  I find that interesting "attachment" vs. "protection".  But I don't think I buy into it.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

luke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »
oxycotin (sp?)

oxytocin  :)

;D   thanks.  I'm spelling-challenged  :D
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 02:03:50 PM »
I like to think there's more to it than that.

me too.  If it was that easy, then according to basic biology you'd be in love with everyone you have sex with.  If I remember correctly, that's when the hormones kick in (or maybe it's just from orgasms).
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »

me too.  If it was that easy, then according to basic biology you'd be in love with everyone you have sex with.  If I remember correctly, that's when the hormones kick in (or maybe it's just from orgasms).

And it doesn't really explain why you stop loving someone - do the hormones just go away?

Maybe if you stop having sex...  :P
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 03:10:44 PM »
I think the chemicals play a large role.  Of course, it's also psychological.  Combine the two and voila: love!

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 03:17:11 PM »

According to the show I saw, we should be falling in love with anyone that  touches us because that's when us weak lil women recieve the highest dose of oxy-- whatever.   That should make for an interesting subway ride  :D