Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 16969 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
Interesting q.  Yeah I believe in love, marriage, etc.  I think LS has made me a lil more skeptical tho.  But still a believer.  Pisces, u know  :P
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 04:17:09 PM »
But I think there is something more than just an addiction or practiced routine when it comes to that real connection with someone.

No doubt. Funny thing is that you can have that connection with somebody and it not even be the person your with. Like that co-worker that you mesh with so well.

Pisces, u know

La Pescado...muy bien...Mi El Scorpio. Pisces can be dreamy, which is good cause a Pisces woman if they are feeling you will buy into you and your ideas. Now a Virgo...they are so freaking practical that it's not even sexy...lol 

Disclaimer: This is according to the zodiac sun-sign characteristics, I'm not saying it's necessarily true.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
I don't know if I buy into the whole addiction idea.
Who's your Daddy now?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »
Who's your Daddy now?

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »
I don't know if I buy into the whole addiction idea.

I know I'm addicted to AL.

And I'm addicted to my Blackberry.  Love?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
And I'm addicted to my Blackberry.  Love?

I used to like my Blackberry until it started going off at 2 in the morning.

I'm getting married in June 2008. I believe in love

Congrats.
Who's your Daddy now?

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »
I am addicted to my Blackberry as well. I have the 8800. Unfortunately I had to remove the data plan this month because my money got funny. A BB without a data plan/ push email, is just a paperweight that allows you to make and take calls  :'( .I'll be back next month.

Really though you know you are addicted to the Crackberry when you are at your computer and you get an email, but you still check it on your BB instead.

Also sometimes you swear you see the red light blinking out the corner of your eye, when it's really not.

OCLawGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
Love is a state of mind...it's an emotion that fades away. Most people don't stay in love, they just get use to it and stick in there for comfort or for the kids.

Just get a pre-nup!

Do I believe in love?  I believe in people feeling they are in love.
"Yes, I'm URM!  And if you think for a min that I'm going to turn down any law school acceptance 'cause you feel I don't deserve it, you must be high on something.  I'm not giving up my seat at the front of the bus! Deal with it!" - LSN Unknown

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »
Love is a state of mind...it's an emotion that fades away. Most people don't stay in love, they just get use to it and stick in there for comfort or for the kids.

Just get a pre-nup!

Do I believe in love?  I believe in people feeling they are in love.

a girl after my own heart! (though i don't think prenups r a cure all in the least)
Columbia 3L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »
I believe in love.  I also believe that there is a huge difference between loving someone and being in love.  Love is an action, not a feeling.  The choices that you make every day (both large and small) show whether or not you really love that person.  I know that I love my bf, not just because he makes me feel good but because I work to show him my love and he does the same. 

I know that love can last because I see it in both sets of my gradparents, who have been married for over 50 years.  I see it in my grandpa's new marriage (my nana died a few months after their 50th anniversary), how the love is different but no less real.  I see it in when my other papa indulges my nana's wild ideas (and they can be wild)!  I see it couples all around me, in how they put in the time and work to make sure that their love continues to grow and thrive.  And they are individually and collectively better people for it.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn