Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 16902 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
i'm a big fan of lady enfjs :)

Lol me too.  The g/f is one, as were two other girls I've dated.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »
yep good stuff. i like extroverts.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »
But, to answer your question, I'm not one of those people in love with the concept of love.  To me, it's more about the connection you have with the person and the enjoyment derived therefrom.  Studies have shown that people become addicted to each other, and that's probably what they mean by love.  But I think "addicted" is a better term.

I've read somewhere that love and  substance addiction has a similar if not equal effect to your body from a physiological standpoint. Something about serotonin, or oxytocin, and dopamines. Of course I coulda looked that up, but I'm just trying to go off of memory here.

But then again I always said the mami's got addicted to what the **** did....LMAOOOOOO j/k, i'm not that cocky, no pun intended.

Edit: changed affect to effect.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
I've read somewhere that love and  substance addiction has a similar if not equal effect to your body from a physiological standpoint. Something about serotonin, or oxytocin, and dopamines. Of course I coulda looked that up, but I'm just trying to go off of memory here.

Yeah that's what I meant.  Don't have time to find the study.

ETA: I remember being amused that Britney Spears actually said something right: "I'm addicted to you..."

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
So "technically" it's not my fault when I'm all over a lady when we all alone. I have a clinical excuse. Immma be like "baby with all this serotonin we need to get to bonin". Wonders how that would come off. Lmaoooooo Ok maybe that wasn't funny, but still.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »
 :(
Look to the left -- Look to the right

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 03:04:36 PM »
I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

[/quote]

Yes yes yes! I'm madly in love with my boyfriend- we met when I was 15 and it was love at first sight, but for various reasons we didnt start dating until I was 18. We have been through years of short distance (Boston to the suburbs of MA) and long distance (Boston to Spain) dating, the inevitable life changes that come with growing up/going to college/getting your first real job, the diagnosis of his father with Parkinsons disease, etc.- and I can honestly say, 6 years later, that I love him more than ever.  ;D

To be so idealistic and optimistic about love isn't really in line with my personality- I'm hugely sarcastic and always tell it like it is. I really think, however, that people who don't believe in love just haven't found the right person.
[/quote]
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »
I believe in love.
Who's your Daddy now?

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

Yes yes yes! I'm madly in love with my boyfriend- we met when I was 15 and it was love at first sight, but for various reasons we didnt start dating until I was 18. We have been through years of short distance (Boston to the suburbs of MA) and long distance (Boston to Spain) dating, the inevitable life changes that come with growing up/going to college/getting your first real job, the diagnosis of his father with Parkinsons disease, etc.- and I can honestly say, 6 years later, that I love him more than ever.  ;D

To be so idealistic and optimistic about love isn't really in line with my personality- I'm hugely sarcastic and always tell it like it is. I really think, however, that people who don't believe in love just haven't found the right person.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Awww, come on- don't hate. I don't normally go around shouting it out from the rooftops, but this is what the thread is about!

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »
<-- Believer.  Hopeless sap, as well.  I agree that a major part is addiction, and as with any habit or practice, you can get used to the daily routine of a relationship with someone.  But I think there is something more than just an addiction or practiced routine when it comes to that real connection with someone.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.