Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?  (Read 16875 times)

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« on: July 03, 2007, 02:11:12 PM »
As for me it's a resounding YES!!! I'm not currently in love or in a relationship, but I do appreciate the concept. I've done the whole single bachelor deal, and when I was a practicing athlete I've experienced the insane attention you get as a by-product. With that being said nothing beats the feeling of being so in tune with and feeling the person your with. Milestones achieved when you have someone to share them with are that much more sweet.

I'm not in a rush to find love again, I'll just continue on self-improvement until the opportunity presents itself.

So what is your take on love?

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Still Believe In Love (Or have you ever)?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »
What's your Myers-Briggs?  You sound like an F.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »
I don't believe in it right now.  May change my mind tomorrow.  Right now I'm feeling really practical, however.  I think everyone uses each other.
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »

or a P lol
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »

Haven't seen Myers Briggs since my early Psych classes. I'll take it real quick, I'm interested in seeing the results.

I guess I am idealistic, but not so much that I ignore the reality of situations in life.

Lol, I knew by typing this I'd be opening myself up to all types of ribbing, but heck some of it is funny, and you gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
Here are my results

YOUR TYPE
E    N    F    J
Strength of the preferences %
33    62    25    11

As an ENFJ, you are Extraverted, iNtuative, Feeling , and Judging.
This makes your primary focus on Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition.

ENFJs make warm, committed lovers who are willing to go to great lengths for the sake of "The Relationship". They're totally dedicated to the relationship, and to their partner, and have a special skill for warmth and affirmation which brings out the best in their mates. They take their commitments seriously, and are likely to put forth a lot of effort into making a relationship work once they have commited themselves to it. In the event that a relationship fails, the ENFJ will feel a lot of guilt, and take on blame for the failure, but they will move on with their lives with relative ease, without looking backwards.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »
Yep, figured you were an NF.

ETA: (although I wouldn't necessarily trust a test that doesn't know how to spell "intuitive")

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
Here are my results

YOUR TYPE
E    N    F    J
Strength of the preferences %
33    62    25    11

As an ENFJ, you are Extraverted, iNtuative, Feeling , and Judging.
This makes your primary focus on Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition.

ENFJs make warm, committed lovers who are willing to go to great lengths for the sake of "The Relationship". They're totally dedicated to the relationship, and to their partner, and have a special skill for warmth and affirmation which brings out the best in their mates. They take their commitments seriously, and are likely to put forth a lot of effort into making a relationship work once they have commited themselves to it. In the event that a relationship fails, the ENFJ will feel a lot of guilt, and take on blame for the failure, but they will move on with their lives with relative ease, without looking backwards.

i'm a big fan of lady enfjs :)
Look to the left -- Look to the right

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:42:28 PM »
As for me it's a resounding YES!!! I'm not currently in love or in a relationship, but I do appreciate the concept. I've done the whole single bachelor deal, and when I was a practicing athlete I've experienced the insane attention you get as a by-product. With that being said nothing beats the feeling of being so in tune with and feeling the person your with. Milestones achieved when you have someone to share them with are that much more sweet.

I'm not in a rush to find love again, I'll just continue on self-improvement until the opportunity presents itself.

So what is your take on love?

Yes yes yes! I'm madly in love with my boyfriend- we met when I was 15 and it was love at first sight, but for various reasons we didnt start dating until I was 18. We have been through years of short distance (Boston to the suburbs of MA) and long distance (Boston to Spain) dating, the inevitable life changes that come with growing up/going to college/getting your first real job, the diagnosis of his father with Parkinsons disease, etc.- and I can honestly say, 6 years later, that I love him more than ever.  ;D

To be so idealistic and optimistic about love isn't really in line with my personality- I'm hugely sarcastic and always tell it like it is. I really think, however, that people who don't believe in love just haven't found the right person.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
But, to answer your question, I'm not one of those people in love with the concept of love.  To me, it's more about the connection you have with the person and the enjoyment derived therefrom.  Studies have shown that people become addicted to each other, and that's probably what they mean by love.  But I think "addicted" is a better term.