Law School Discussion

Black Folks and Religion

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Folks and Religion
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »
speaking in tongues is bs. there i said it. nukkas be wantin' attn. i say get a dog.

That is wrong and extremely hilarious.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »
If shouting and speaking in tongues helps you to be a better person, then more power to you. But when the emotion is used to escape logic and science and used to manipulate people, I take issue.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »
I'm with Mo--sometimes no matter how much you fight it the spirit moves you.  Like this (look at the high yella Alci type person at minute 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyVKzPQS1g

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
I'm with Mo--sometimes no matter how much you fight it the spirit moves you.  Like this (look at the high yella Alci type person at minute 3):

:D :D :D :D :D :D High yella in minute 3 made me cry laughing.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
If shouting and speaking in tongues helps you to be a better person, then more power to you. But when the emotion is used to escape logic and science and used to manipulate people, I take issue.

can be the worst religion....

everything exists in manipulation of another.  i must admit money grubbing preachers have a special place, I surmise this is due to their proffesed intent contrasted with the lexus tint; and, the shape of the people often seeking their help.  seems particularly bad.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »

everything exists in manipulation of another.  i must admit money grubbing preachers have a special place, I surmise this is due to their proffesed intent contrasted with the lexus tint; and, the shape of the people often seeking their help.  seems particularly bad.

I don't think so. Science and logic can be observed. Religious doctorine requires belief.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »

I don't think so. Science and logic can be observed. Religious doctorine requires belief.

Don't believe everything they tell you.  There's a lot of fiction in science.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 08:42:47 PM »

:D :D whatever

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:05 AM »

True. There is a lot of fiction in science, but it still has to be proven. There is no denying the world is round or 2 + 2=4.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2007, 12:05:02 PM »

True. There is a lot of fiction in science, but it still has to be proven. There is no denying the world is round or 2 + 2=4.

Yeah, but there are many things currently accepted as scientific "fact" that have yet to be objectively proven.