Law School Discussion

Black Folks and Religion

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: Black Folks and Religion
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »
I believe in speaking in tongues today.  There is almost always a translation in my church.  It may be by the same person or by a different person.  If someone "speaks in tongues" but there is no translation, we generally assume something was out of whack there (they weren't really supposed to be speaking in tongues)...

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 11:32:44 AM »
I believe in speaking in tongues today.  There is almost always a translation in my church.  It may be by the same person or by a different person.  If someone "speaks in tongues" but there is no translation, we generally assume something was out of whack there (they weren't really supposed to be speaking in tongues)...

Man I'd hate if I yelled out some Alcinese and somebody gave it a wack interpretation.  Definitely would have to coordinate that! (j/k)

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »

Man I'd hate if I yelled out some Alcinese and somebody gave it a wack interpretation.  Definitely would have to coordinate that! (j/k)

all I can do is SMH. I don't see how all this skepticism works, but okay.

Lol edited

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20:25 PM »
speaking in tongues is bs. there i said it. nukkas be wantin' attn. i say get a dog.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 12:22:59 PM »
lol

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »
I believe somethings got a hold of these people.  I wont pretend that I understand what.  I believe I've spoken in tongues without "speaking in tongues" if you know what I mean.    

I'm like Monica (sort of), I dont know how all this skepticism works.  It would kill me living in a world without belief or the axiom: not all things can be explained.  When it all comes down to it I think there are only two religions, those that believe and those that need 'splainin.  I'm definitely the former, having my fair shair of mystical thinking.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »
I'll tell you what's got a hold of them -- that bull.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 12:31:44 PM »
I'll tell you what's got a hold of them -- that bull.

I don't know man.  I've seen some crazy *&^%.  And even if it is bull to you, it is something.  Think about it, if it is bull, and the person doing it knows it is bull, it will still play out in other aspects of her life.  If it is real, I tend to think the same is true.  We create our own realities to an extent.   

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
 speaking in tongues thing?  I think most ppl fake it. Like a woman getting the spirit, kicking OFF her high heeled shoes, then running around the church-  too extra.  If it was real, she'd be running with the shoes. It's kinda easy to fake.  But I do think it's real. 

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 02:01:42 PM »
If you're in a church where all kinds of theatrics abound, I'd be skeptical.  But in a church such as my own, where they are quick to put you in place if you come out your mouth wrong, I think it's usually on point.