Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 139 LSAT, 3.2  (Read 14398 times)

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: 139 LSAT, 3.2
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »
I had a freind that had similar (infact slightly higher) LSAT and GPA. She is an URM na applied to about 40 schools mostly tier 3 and 4.

She got 0 acceptances and 1 waitlist.

Just food for thought. 
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 12:11:36 PM »
Natives get 10+ pts. boost (How to get into the top law schools/R. Montauk p.151).

Retake. I started with 137 and it was very easy to get to upper 140's in a few weeks once you get used to the test a bit even though English is my 2nd language.
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
The question should be, SHOULD one get into law school with a 139?  I don't care what race/color/religious whatever you are, a 139 is too low.  Study hard, and retake the test.  Nobody has a right to go to law school, you have to earn it.

Not trying to be culturally insensitive, but it is racist and patronizing to let someone with very inferior scores in because they are a minority.  It is akin to saying, "Well, you're people are too stupid to compete with whites, so we'll help you out."  I would be offended if I was native american.

- zack

Justice Thomas' sentiments precisely.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

doubledown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »
The question should be, SHOULD one get into law school with a 139?  I don't care what race/color/religious whatever you are, a 139 is too low.  Study hard, and retake the test.  Nobody has a right to go to law school, you have to earn it.

Not trying to be culturally insensitive, but it is racist and patronizing to let someone with very inferior scores in because they are a minority.  It is akin to saying, "Well, you're people are too stupid to compete with whites, so we'll help you out."  I would be offended if I was native american.

- zack

Justice Thomas' sentiments precisely.

You really didn't need to write that last bit.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »
I'd say retake... if you started a 139 that was higher than my first exam my second exam was better by about 10points but by no means was any good. I was lucky enought to be seen by a very good law school in the midwest you might want to check it out... Also check out the other schools i got into, a lot of them have summer programs that are conditional, my school had a non-conditional program, it really gave me a great chance. Anyway Good luck with everything. Retake if you can! When i applied, back then a lot of school averaged scores and only some took the higher on, that was the schools that i mainly looked for. Take care
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:58 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that you are a NON-TRADITIONAL student beside the fact that you are NA or 139 on lsat. Even if you didn't retake (which is the best advice), you can write about how you have been out of school for so many years. They don't look down upon NTs with low score as much as they look down upon a straight out of college 21 year old with no work experience.   

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 06:31:15 PM »
is it even possible to get a 139?
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition