Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 139 LSAT, 3.2  (Read 14119 times)

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
Re: 139 LSAT, 3.2
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 06:28:36 AM »
yes one should go to law school.  LSAT means jack *&^%.  There are literally a gabigillion types of lawyers doing complex *&^% all the way down to the work of a paralegal or avg. office hand.  I'm guessing pdxsaint is pretty naive about life.  dont listen to him.
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Vapid Unicorn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who, me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 09:27:09 AM »
You will definitely get into law school, provided that you can write a decent essay describing your life experiences and your connection to your heritage.  OU is a probably out, but if you like the region, you should be considering:

Oklahoma City
Texas Southern
Tulsa
South Texas
Texas Wesleyan
St. Mary's
Missouri-KC

Some of these will probably be real reaches, but you things can be fairly unpredictable for Native Americans in the law school admissions game, and I would hate to see you sell yourself short.  Best of Luck.
Just another 2L.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
Did you post a question on yahoo answers? If you did, then I think I answered your question but if not I basically said that No law school would probably accept you, unless it wasn't ABA approved or seeking accreditaion at some point. It would be one thing if you had a super great gpa but you don't. Take the LSAT again
UMiami c/o 2010

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »
Did you post a question on yahoo answers? If you did, then I think I answered your question but if not I basically said that No law school would probably accept you, unless it wasn't ABA approved or seeking accreditaion at some point. It would be one thing if you had a super great gpa but you don't. Take the LSAT again
Wow you're frank.
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »
Wow you're frank.

Oh, I can't take another heartache
Though you say you're my friend
I'm at my wits end
You say your love is bonafide
But that don't coincide
With the things that you're doing
When I ask you to be nice
You say you gotta be
Cruel to be kind, in the right measure
Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign
Cruel to be kind, means that I love you
Baby, you gotta be cruel to be kind
Well, I do my best to understand dear
But you still mystify, and I wanna know why
I pick myself up off the ground
And have you knock me back down
Again and again
And when I ask you to explain
You say you gotta be
Well, I do my best to understand dear
But you still mystify, and I wanna know why
I pick myself up off the ground
And have you knock me back down
Again and again
And when I ask you to explain
You say you gotta be

biomed engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 03:21:38 AM »
139 LSAT, 3.2gpa. Native American, 40 y/o. Do I have any reasonable chance at any LS.  I had hopes of Oklahoma U.

The best thing to do is to retake the exam.  But use a strong preparation strategy. I am Native American too.  A good score is not unrealistic.  It just takes a lot of practice.  I took the GRE recently for an MPH and did great.  I got into a school in a state that has outlawed affirmative action.  So my numbers were on par with the rest of the students.  I did not get an affirmative action "boost."  I did real well on my last midterm exam for a graduate-level statistics course.  I solved a problem that the rest of the class wasn't able to comprehend.  I am a biomedical engineer and Apache Indian.  English had been my 2nd language in my youth, but I learned to be bilingual.  The inferior parietal cortex of the brain adapts well to multiple languages in early childhood.

My goal is to score in the 170s.  I have started using Powerscore's Logic Games bible and found it to be very helpful.  It gets a lot of good feedback on LSAT forums.  Just retake the LSAT in September and apply to OU.  Since you have a high gpa, you could probably get in if you score in the 160s or higher.  You really should retake the test; otherwise, you run the risk of being labeled as an illegitimate affirmative action product.  See the angry threads on "affirmative action sucks" at Facebook.com.  I figure that if I score in the 170s, I won't be labeled as such, and that is one of my goals.  I hope to go into patent law.  It's only a test, and there is plenty of time to prepare for the next one.  I wish you the best.  Enjuh! (Apache for "It is well!")

JM26

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »

Retake Retake Retake. as a NA w/english as a 2nd language I started in the 130's but managed to bring it up to the 150's. It can be done with hard work - get a tutor if possible. I got into OU with that score and if you can bring up I'm sure you could too. good luck.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
139?

n-word

Umm, no

139?

n-word you best learn ta read before you be bring all dat sh*t up into da  l-sizzles ??? hizouse

Translation?

Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
139 LSAT, 3.2gpa. Native American, 40 y/o. Do I have any reasonable chance at any LS.  I had hopes of Oklahoma U.

IF this is a true post...

You should not settle for that LSAT score, especially now that many schools are accepting your highest take.  You need to take time off, study for the LSAT with the right preparation materials, and retake the test in December at the earliest.  The "Studying for the LSAT" thread will give you the best advice surrounding test prep companies, though I can personally vouch for Powerscore's independent workbooks and weekend workshop.

As for "having a reasonable chance at LS", I think your LSAT score does not prove that you are incapable of legal reasoning altogether, but rather quite ill-equipped for it at present.  Even if you got into a school with your score, I think you wouldn't enjoy it as much.  (Feel free to take all this advice with a grain of salt, as I am a lowly 0L at this point.  :D)  The more I have learned about law school (from this website, books like Law School Confidential, and current/past students), you need to be ready for what to expect.  Doing your best on the LSAT is one small, albeit important, piece of that.  I'd highly suggest you re-evaluate whether you really want to go to law school and, if so, whether you're willing to do what it takes to put together an application packet that best reflects your intention and commitment to doing so.  Feel free to PM me if I can help any further.  Good luck to you!  :)
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 11:45:59 PM »
Def retake.  A 139 is SOOOOOOO easy to improve w/ a few weeks of moderate prep.  Cracking the 150's and you'll def get in somewhere.