Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 139 LSAT, 3.2  (Read 14525 times)

debeau1966

• View Profile
139 LSAT, 3.2
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »
139 LSAT, 3.2gpa. Native American, 40 y/o. Do I have any reasonable chance at any LS.  I had hopes of Oklahoma U.

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 139 LSAT, 3.2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »
www.lawschoolnumbers.com will help you to gauge your chances. Being a URM and a non-traditional student should help boost your application.

Is this an official score? (Either way you need to work on improving, get your score to a level that will get into your school, and then take the test).

www.lsac.org has all the old lsats.  (go to the "buy publications" tab, then go to "LSAT Prep").

Testmasters, Powerscore, Kaplan, etc. all have good prep courses that may be worth your while.

Good luck!

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
139 LSAT, 3.2gpa. Native American, 40 y/o. Do I have any reasonable chance at any LS.  I had hopes of Oklahoma U.

Score is a little low.  I would suggest a re-take if possible and a prep course because the test itself is not hard, you just have to get the tricks down to a science.  I am pretty sure there is SOME law school that will accept you but as for Oklahoma U. you will need to check their website for stats...
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:40:16 PM »

Native Americans get one of the best AA boosts. Or so I've been told.
VIP.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »
No.  Not with a 139.  You need to break 140 at least.  at 139 you'll even have a tough time with Cooley.
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »

Score is a little low.  I would suggest a re-take if possible and a prep course because the test itself is not hard, you just have to get the tricks down to a science.  I am pretty sure there is SOME law school that will accept you but as for Oklahoma U. you will need to check their website for stats...

TITCR, retake. Good luck!
Vandy 1L... really?

pdxsaint

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 03:42:19 PM »
The question should be, SHOULD one get into law school with a 139?  I don't care what race/color/religious whatever you are, a 139 is too low.  Study hard, and retake the test.  Nobody has a right to go to law school, you have to earn it.

Not trying to be culturally insensitive, but it is racist and patronizing to let someone with very inferior scores in because they are a minority.  It is akin to saying, "Well, you're people are too stupid to compete with whites, so we'll help you out."  I would be offended if I was native american.

- zack
Gonzaga 2010: Decided

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »
The question should be, SHOULD one get into law school with a 139?  I don't care what race/color/religious whatever you are, a 139 is too low.  Study hard, and retake the test.  Nobody has a right to go to law school, you have to earn it.

Not trying to be culturally insensitive, but it is racist and patronizing to let someone with very inferior scores in because they are a minority.  It is akin to saying, "Well, you're people are too stupid to compete with whites, so we'll help you out."  I would be offended if I was native american.

- zack

this reflects poorly on you, that you were so eager to make this rather harsh statement that was not even in response to ANY question or assertion that had previously been made.

Aside from playing the role of the "good guy" I can admit that I have said plenty of dumb things over time with what I thought were good intentions... and I hope you do realize how out-of-scope and ignorant statements like these can be before one of them proves to be significantly harmful.

Wigger

• sup holmes?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
139?

n-word you best learn ta read before you be bring all dat *&^% up into da l-sizzles hizouse
4 shizzy

pdxsaint

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 03:59:51 AM »
Mad Scientist, you are good at playing the "Good Guy."

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Gonzaga 2010: Decided