Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My chances of staying in Texas?????  (Read 984 times)

JC42

• View Profile
    • Email
My chances of staying in Texas?????
« on: March 10, 2004, 04:34:45 PM »
I would really appreciate any input on my chances of attending South Texas or Texas Wesleyan. My numbers are not the greatest 146/2.76 but I have alot of work experience such as Sports Director for the campus radio station as an undergrad and am currently employed by ESPN radio.

Thanks in advance!

romancingthestone

• View Profile
Re: My chances of staying in Texas?????
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 04:53:07 PM »
try TSU.

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:48:40 PM »
Stay on with ESPN.  That sounds like a good gig.

DJ_JB

• LSAT: 145 avg (149 Highest) GPA: 3.07
    • MSN Messenger - j.herron@comcast.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - johnherron2003
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jwh014
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 07:50:38 PM »
Texas Southern seems like your best bet.. You would be a long shot at St. Mary's and Texas Wesleyan, but a possiblity...

Good Luck man..   

JC42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 02:39:30 AM »
It's really tough to judge the probability using www.lsac.org since their percentages are based on 2002 admissions numbers. According to the site and based on my numbers, Texas Wesleyan and South Texas fall in the 40-60%. Conservatively subtracting ten percent for my chances in 2003 and again for 2004....leaves me with a 20-40% chance. That's not very pretty....

I really can't complain about ESPN radio. The pay isn't that great but the access is unbelievable, especially since I've only been out of college for 1 year.
I've just lost the drive and enthusiasm. My nephew suffered a head trauma that the doctors determined was consistant with Shaken Babies Syndrome. My father was recently awarded conservatorship of the baby and the mother's rights were terminated.
I really want to practice family law. I wish my numbers were better....I'm seriously thinking about re-taking the LSAT.