Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So this is odd...  (Read 1208 times)

Elaine Benes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
So this is odd...
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »
So, I am at work and I texted my mom to tell her about my LSAT score and how I'll be retaking (I got a 166, want a 170) and she seems like really disappointed in me.  Thanks mom, just when I was getting over not getting the score I wanted and being okay with having to retake...thanks a lot.  Is this happening to anyone else??

ctown

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So this is odd...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »
So why do you need a 170?  Low GPA?  The reason I ask is your list doesn't exactly require a 170.

That being said, I'm sure she is being disappointed with you and not at you.  Chin up, a 166 is nothing to sneeze at.

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »
What on earth does that mean?

Disappointed at you?

This isn't like "laughing at" vs. "laughing with".
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »
My father is begging me to retake. Even though I'm at 75% for both LSAT and GPA for the school HE wants me to go to.  ::)

I think he just doesnt want to pay for LS... :D.

Seriously though, don't let it bother you... if they are anything like my family, all they know about the LSAT is what you told them; you are disappointed with a 166, and they respond in kind.
Vandy 1L... really?

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:14:50 AM »
Your folks are paying for law school?  Lucky!!!

Actually...so are mine.   :P
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

OCLawGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
Your folks are paying for law school?  Lucky!!!

Actually...so are mine.   :P

Guilty - same here. Even up to daycare for my son while in school. Shhh...I shouldn't say that out loud.  :-\
"Yes, I'm URM!  And if you think for a min that I'm going to turn down any law school acceptance 'cause you feel I don't deserve it, you must be high on something.  I'm not giving up my seat at the front of the bus! Deal with it!" - LSN Unknown

Elaine Benes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:24:45 AM »
So why do you need a 170?  Low GPA?  The reason I ask is your list doesn't exactly require a 170.

That being said, I'm sure she is being disappointed with you and not at you.  Chin up, a 166 is nothing to sneeze at.

I have a low gpa (3.29) so I need a 170 for BU and BC.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »
Try telling her the percentile. What's 166, around 90 or so? You could say "Hey Mom, I got an A-!"

A 166 is 93rd percentile. That's an A at most schools.  ;)

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
So, I am at work and I texted my mom to tell her about my LSAT score and how I'll be retaking (I got a 166, want a 170) and she seems like really disappointed in me.  Thanks mom, just when I was getting over not getting the score I wanted and being okay with having to retake...thanks a lot.  Is this happening to anyone else??

That's exactly what happened to me. I felt SO good about my performance coming out of the exam (which I now attribute to an easy exam rather than good performance), and I felt confident I was scoring in my highest range.

When I got my score I was 7 points lower than my average. When I called to let my mom know my score and she replied "wow thats so much lower than you usually get". I could tell she was disappointed. I'm still pleased with my score, but its frustrating to know everyone was expected me to perform better. :(

Wunjin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »

I have a low gpa (3.29) so I need a 170 for BU and BC.

No, you don't.  Especially not for Boston University.