Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: where should I go?  (Read 2548 times)

fyodor79

where should I go?
« on: September 20, 2004, 05:44:05 PM »
Hey, I have a 124 on the LSAT and an honorary degree in air conditioning technology from a regionally accredited school.  I'm thinking about George Mason because I live in the D.C. area.  Let me know what you guys think. ???

M2

Re: where should I go?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 05:45:14 PM »
uhm is this for real

fyodor79

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 05:52:48 PM »
Yeah it's real... I was thinking about Rutgers but I really don't want to limit myself.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:11:29 PM »
I call your bluff and suggest Yale.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

fyodor79

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »
I think that Yale's stifling atmosphere would ironically only serve to limit my intellectual prowess-  I have no desire to enter into a T14 school- somewhere around the 50s to 70s would suit me fine, as long as it is Tier One.  I'm much too refined to go anywhere else.

fyodor79

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 06:20:03 PM »
Did I say 124?  I'm such an idiot... I meant 144 - sorry if I confused anyone. :)

gobears

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 06:29:10 PM »
What's your GPA?  Actually, nevermind.  Because I think even with a 4.0 GPA, and a 144 LSAT, there ain't no way you're getting into GMU.  Sorry to be so harsh, but the numbers are simply against you.  GMU's 25th percentile LSAT is a 159, so a 144 would be pretty darn low.  In fact, I don't think there's any way you'd get into any tier 1 school either.  And not even a tier 2 school.  And probably not even a tier 3 school, unless your GPA is like a 4.0.  You're gonna have to look a little lower, I'm afraid.  I don't know the DC area at all, but there's got to be a good regional school around there, right?  So, again, unless you have something in your background that makes you stand out among the crowd, and it's gonna have to be pretty exemplary, I'm afraid tier 1 and 2, and quite possibly tier 3, are out for you.  Maybe you should retake the LSAT and apply next year?  Even with an averaged LSAT, it's still gonna be a whole lot better than the 144.  But some schools take the higher LSAT, especially if it's like 10+ points higher.  See here for example:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/multiple_lsat.php?x=881b5201c4835c317fae1116b966d601

Well, hope that helps.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 06:32:51 PM »
I think that Yale's stifling atmosphere would ironically only serve to limit my intellectual prowess-  I have no desire to enter into a T14 school- somewhere around the 50s to 70s would suit me fine, as long as it is Tier One.  I'm much too refined to go anywhere else.

Tier 1 is top 50.  You're brilliant indeed if you find a Tier 1 school in the 50s - 70s.  ;)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

fyodor79

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 06:37:12 PM »
It's not a GPA so much as a license to repair old air conditioners... It's even in a glass case and stuff.  I contacted the counselor at the school and she thinks they could work something out...

There's not much special about my life... was adopted by gypsies at eight after living on my own... ran away at fourteen to ride the rails for a while... and then ended up in Arlington with a wife and a penchant for fixing machines that adjust the temperature of the air.  Pretty standard.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 06:38:32 PM »
You're right, that is pretty standard.  That mirrors my life almost exactly.

Dude, I'm going to feel like a total ass if this is for real.  But I'm still calling his bluff.