Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: General LOR vs. School-Specific -- HELP!  (Read 450 times)

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
General LOR vs. School-Specific -- HELP!
« on: July 01, 2007, 07:21:26 PM »
Hey guys:

1) I was wondering whether I should get school-specific LORs or if it would be OK to just do generic ones? And if you do generic ones do you let your recommenders know that you will be sending to multiple schools so to not make it school specific (for example I am having on of my Masters profs write one, but it wont only go to the school where I got my Masters) What are your thoughts?

2) Do you think a good LOR would be from a Dean at another law school? (one to which I will not be applying). I am good friends with his son and he has offered an LOR. Do you think this will look good to the schools I am applying or should I stay away this?

THANKS!

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: General LOR vs. School-Specific -- HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »
it is okay to do generics, and I think that, unless you say otherwise, most of your professors will expect that you'll be using it for multiple schools (if you think they'll expect you to apply there, just tell them you'll be using it multiple places)
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush