Bump - anyone still interested?

AJaKe

• No, a law student!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Study group?
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »
Bump - anyone still interested?

Yep!  Just waiting to see an update on the thread with more information.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
Yep.  I'm still interested, but the forum format would be better for me because my availability is a bit weird, so I can't promise to be online when everybody else is.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »
Well, if there are no objections, we will officially be using tests 19-28.  The first test deadline will be posted on the forum.  As a side note, this is obviously NOT intended to be the only method of study.  Everyone who participates is HIGHLY encouraged to use at least a few other tests and prep books.  Once we get everyone together on the forum, we'll discuss times for the live chat, if we even decide to have a scheduled one.

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 02:19:13 PM »
Well, if there are no objections, we will officially be using tests 19-28.  The first test deadline will be posted on the forum. 

after organizing and participating in more than one of these, i have to warn you that it's usually the case that *very* few keep up with any set test schedule. hell, even in prep courses, most everyone falls behind in homework. this leaves a lot of dead air and thumb twiddling and the group dies out as a result.

given that, i *strongly* suggest leaving the option to bring *any* question or problem in any given week to the group, leaving more recent tests until closer to the test date so as not to spoil them.

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »
I'm up for it. I'll even do a local Portland-area one if anyone else is interested/in the area.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »
Hmm...Well, I suppose that we COULD do that (no schedule), it might be a bit better - I just thought that it would be a good way to keep everyone on the same page.  At any rate, the forum's up, and I'll take my first post-June LSAT and post any questions I've got over there.

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
Hmm...Well, I suppose that we COULD do that (no schedule), it might be a bit better - I just thought that it would be a good way to keep everyone on the same page.  At any rate, the forum's up, and I'll take my first post-June LSAT and post any questions I've got over there.

you can certainly try a set schedule, i don't want to discourage you. i just wanted to let you have the benefit of my experience that while it works at the very beginning, the whole thing tends to break down over the long term -- a lot of people figure that of they don't do the assigned test, they may as well not bother participating.

also some people may be bound by a prep course schedule but still want to participate. you'd be eliminating them.

i'l pop in from time to time, with chats depending on days and times.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »
Alright, sounds good to me....

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »
Just posted about a question about the June test - if anyone would like to help me work through it, I'd be most grateful.