Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My thoughts on the war...  (Read 7191 times)

Jennifer10

Re: My thoughts on the war...
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2004, 07:42:47 AM »
I just want to say that Desi & The Chosen, u guys both said it perfectly!!  U should be politicians.

I swear that if Bush wins another term- I'm moving to France.

Jennifer10

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2004, 07:49:17 AM »
For those of u who haven't seen "Fahrenheit 9/11"- I urge u to see it before November's election.

And for those of u who have seen it & didn't agree with it (for whatever brainwashed reason) then I suggest u see it again.  If u still can't see thru the Bush administration then see it again until u can.

gobears

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2004, 07:53:41 AM »
For those of u who haven't seen "Fahrenheit 9/11"- I urge u to see it before November's election.

And for those of u who have seen it & didn't agree with it (for whatever brainwashed reason) then I suggest u see it again.  If u still can't see thru the Bush administration then see it again until u can.

What?  This sounds like brainwashing to me, to watch the movie over and over again until you believe what it says! ;)

Jennifer10

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2004, 08:08:01 AM »
I meant to go in there with an open mind.  People won't see it because they either.....
a)  Hate Michael Moore (Conservatives)
b)  Adore Bush  (Conservatives)
c)  Know the truth (Bush's ties to the Saudi's, Iraq had nothing to do w/it, etc., etc.,) and also are Conservatives!!!!!

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2004, 08:10:16 AM »
If the Iraqis had wanted freedom from Saddam, then they would have pursued it regardless of the human cost of Iraqi life, and well, I'm sure after they initiated it, Saddam would have struck back with such brutal force that the world, including the Middle Eastern community, would not have been able to consciously sit by and watch innocent people being slaughtered.     

The world was perfectly willing to "sit by and watch" 800,000 Rawandans be killed with machetes, and is currently sitting and watching as militia on horseback rape, kill and terrorize people in Dafur.  I have *no* confidence in the conscience of the international community.

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2004, 08:15:46 AM »
You have good points.  But I still think that it was up to the Iraqi people to initiate the toppling of the regime - at whatever cost of human life.  And worldwide consensus is that Rwanda was the biggest tragedy of recent times.  That is why they are trying (but still failing) to fix the situation in Darfur.

But it was only considered a tragedy after the fact.  The UN had troops in Rawanda and warnings of what was about to happen and withdrew its troops.  I'm sure that once everyone in Dafur is dead, there will be some similar mea culpa.  The UN is great at expressing regret and condemnation, and f-ing miserable about doing anything useful.

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »
I just want to say that Desi & The Chosen, u guys both said it perfectly!!  U should be politicians.

I swear that if Bush wins another term- I'm moving to France.

Heh good luck.  Living in Europe isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I moved here a relatively liberal lefty, and now I can't stand how inept and socialized everything is.

France has got everyone conned into believing that it's smarter, cooler and more sophisticated than the rest of the world.  Don't believe the hype!

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2004, 10:56:04 AM »
This is ignorance, and would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.  Some of us don't want to watch a so-called "documentary" that abandons every principle of journalistic integrity, uses demagoguery, and sets out to prove a thesis Moore had already settled on before he even started researching it, based on his bias and paranoia.  It's a total propaganda piece.  I'm not watching it because I'm afraid of it or afraid it'll "change my mind" (I think for myself and change my mind accordingly), but because it would seriously piss me off.  I'd be angry at Moore (as I already am) for trying to pass of conspiracy-mongering and pseudo-documentary film-making as "the truth", because it's bad for civil political discourse in America, not to mention borderline libelous.  And people like you who are so obsessed  with Farenheit 9/11, people who are following this idiot like his sheep, make me want to see it even less. 

ZAP

Jennifer10

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »
FYI- I am a die-hard conservative.  Though.... after all the chaos Bush has caused, I'm ashamed to admit it.

I'm far from obsessed w/the movie honey.  Moore just tells it the way it is.  The documentary is all FACT based.  Hence....a documentary. 

You said you'd be pissed off seeing this movie.  WHY?  Afraid to confront the truth and the fact that Bush is nothing but a joke.  4 more years of this animal & we're going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2004, 11:53:46 AM »
FYI- I am a die-hard conservative.  Though.... after all the chaos Bush has caused, I'm ashamed to admit it.

I'm far from obsessed w/the movie honey.  Moore just tells it the way it is.  The documentary is all FACT based.  Hence....a documentary. 

You said you'd be pissed off seeing this movie.  WHY?  Afraid to confront the truth and the fact that Bush is nothing but a joke.  4 more years of this animal & we're going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm gonna rent it, and pop myself some really buttery popcorn.

;D