Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: prospects  (Read 301 times)

morbo

• View Profile
prospects
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this, I just got my LSAT back, and trying to figure out what my chances are for money offers.  I scored well, 177, and my GPA is 3.7 (top 10%).  I'm Canadian, and I've been an intern at our Embassy in Washington.  My GPA was lower in the last year, largely due to one course, not sure if that affects anything.
So, I guess I'd like to know what sort of money I might expect at the top ten schools, especially the ones in NY, or my chances for getting in the top three.
As a sidenote, does anyone know how being Foreign/Canadian affects financing, or admissions in general?
I don't mean to sound arrogant by asking this way, its just that at this point I have very little knowledge of how the US system works.  Thanks,

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: prospects
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »
Sounds like you have a good chance at Harvard, Yale, and Stanford, and you should be good from there on down, with significant money at most schools as well.  Don't know anything about the international thing.   
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: prospects
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 01:10:32 PM »
Sounds like you have a good chance at Harvard, Yale, and Stanford, and you should be good from there on down, with significant money at most schools as well.  Don't know anything about the international thing.   

Yale and Stanford are not likely.  Harvard is likely.

International = no government loans = look for scholarships in the T10.