Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pre L.S. Salary: negative impact on initial award offering?  (Read 1625 times)

seacotton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pre L.S. Salary: negative impact on initial award offering?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »
It's really hard to disqualify yourself from the subsidized loans. Your EFC has to be pretty close to the COA. I can't say I know anyone who isn't getting the full $8,500 in subsidized loans because the vast majority of the people who have an EFC high enough to meet the COA are not going to go to law school in the first place, unless they're married to someone who makes a lot of money.

I wasn't offered any of the subsidized $8500 at first. I called and begged and said my family would starve. My school did some voodo, and I ended up with all $8500 available.  I think it is related to what the school says your family budget will be.  So call and beg if you have to is my point. 

ctown

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pre L.S. Salary: negative impact on initial award offering?
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »
They really need to replace 'Aid' with a more appropriate term like 'Financial - We can do it, but that's only if we want to, and even then you will need to call 10 times and ask'

Yeah it's long, but it sums up every encounter that I have ever had with them...