Law School Discussion

Need Real Help: BC vs. Fordham vs. Vanderbilt

miller

• View Profile
Re: Need Real Help: BC vs. Fordham vs. Vanderbilt
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »
As long as your happy with your decision, thats what is important, regardless of BC and Fordham's NYC placement.  Congrats.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 10:52:21 PM »
As long as your happy with your decision, thats what is important, regardless of BC and Fordham's NYC placement.  Congrats.

no, that's actually the opposite of what's important. this isn't some high school english class where all that matters is how you feel. what matters w/r/t the law school you attend is how that choice will affect your future job prospects.

law school will suck ass no matter where you go. the only reason to go is b/c you will make out on the back end. going to vanderbilt is not a good choice if you can't get a good job in nyc (and you want to work there), no matter how nice it looks or how hot/easy the girls are.

this is not to say vandy is a bad school; just a comment on what one's priorities should be when making this decision.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
You need to sack up and go become a commodore.  1) girls are hotter.  2)weather is nicer.  3)you have spent your entire life (excluding college) in new york; probably it will be pretty cool to bring girls (who will themselves be ugly since they go to fordham and hot vandy) back to your parents' apartment.  4) oh yeah, vandy is a better school.  US news told me so.  And the largest synagogue in the country is in nashville

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »
You can get a good job from Vandy in NYC. I have friends that have done it. Part of why Vandy was my first choice was their experiences. I LOVE Vandy, and you should def have chosen it.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 12:44:49 PM »
I still have not made up my mind.  I will decide by this wednesday between Fordham and Vandebrilt, assuming Cornell doesn't decide to pleasantly intervene.  If anyone has any informed opinions on which one will place better in BigLaw in New York, as well as the rest of the country I would greatly appreciate it.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »
Vandy, vandy, vandy.

nubova

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »
1. Fordham for NYC

2. Vandy for the South

3. BC for anywhere else

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 09:30:09 AM »
I'd say that's wrong. 

BC - Boston
Fordham - NYC (the edge vs. Vandy)
Vandy - South + Everywhere else

nubova

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:32 AM »
"BC - Boston
Fordham - NYC (the edge vs. Vandy)
Vandy - South + Everywhere else"

LOL. From the south?

nubova

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

I've gotta think Vandy will place better in NYC, even though this is Fordham's home turf. 

Incorrect.  You are always better off going to a school in the market that you want to work in.  You'll realize this after your first year of law school, and even more so after your second.