Law School Discussion

ITT I tell you if you will get into your dream school.

ITT I tell you if you will get into your dream school.
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »
Just provide your numbers and the name of the school you wish to attend.

Re: ITT I tell you if you will get into your dream school.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
163,171/4.0 => any chance at CCN? What of MPVB?

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 04:41:09 PM »
GPA: 3.55
LSAT: 166

I would like to go to Iowa. One thing I am curious about, I had a really bad first semester that drug my GPA down, my last 4 semesters have been 3.67, 4.0, 3.9, 4.0 and my major GPA is 3.9. Will this make a difference as compared to someone with a different 3.55 GPA? My soft stats are kind of weak, although I am an officer in the pre-law club (don't know if that matters). Thanks!

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
4.1/165

looking to get into Duke.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »
GPA: 3.55
LSAT: 166

I would like to go to Iowa. One thing I am curious about, I had a really bad first semester that drug my GPA down, my last 4 semesters have been 3.67, 4.0, 3.9, 4.0 and my major GPA is 3.9. Will this make a difference as compared to someone with a different 3.55 GPA? My soft stats are kind of weak, although I am an officer in the pre-law club (don't know if that matters). Thanks!

Short of you committing some crime, you will get in. Do not write an addendum they will notice the trend on their own.

Forgot to mention.....got an OWI about 2.5 years ago...is that going to screw me?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
What is that?

drunk driving. Dumb mistake....but yeah i've stayed out of trouble since then.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 05:04:34 PM »
What is that?

drunk driving. Dumb mistake....but yeah i've stayed out of trouble since then.

That is pretty big as it comes up again for C&F. That will need an addendum, and if you don't get in my guess is that will be the reason.

What's C&F? Damn....that sucks. What about a school like Drake?

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 05:08:25 PM »
C&F is the Character and Fitness portion of the Bar. You have a good shot at Iowa with an explanation of what happened, and how you grew from it.

Yeah, that's what I had heard before was that it would be more of a problem when I get to the bar. I think I should actually have a really good addendum as the time when I got the OWI happens to coincide perfectly with when I turned my GPA around. It will actually be a completely true and honest addendum about how I got ahold of my life a lot better after that.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »
Depends on when you did your retake. If the first test was June retake September- sweep with some money. If you did September test with a retake in December likely sweep if you weren't rejected, but you will have to endure WL. December test with a retake in February, In at MVP and you might get in off the waitlist at one of CCN but probably fairly late in the game.
hmm quite accurate.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »
3.9/168

stanford, uva, and boalt?