Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Test Master's v. Power Score?  (Read 629 times)

cocobean123

• View Profile
Test Master's v. Power Score?
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
Def retaking...miserable score.  Test Master's or Power Score?  Kaplan was not good for me, apparently...
Decided law school is not for me, but I still lurk and post on behalf of my husband!

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Test Master's v. Power Score?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 02:53:19 PM »
Just download the powescore bibles online. The course is the EXACT same as the bibles.

If you like it take them. If not take testmasters.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:09:50 PM »
I took Powerscore. My score went up 14 pts from first diagnostic to test day. The course is not exactly like the bibles. I had the bibles first, and I might have been able to do it myself in LR, but not games. The LG Bible does not have enough examples.
Honestly, I needed someone to walk me through it and then pound it into my head--that's what you get from a course.

Plus, you get soo much more material than is in the bibles. The design is the same, but you get more--and you get people to interact with and help you analyze your mistakes.

I hear testmasters is just as good...but do take a class!
CLS 2011

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
There's about 30 threads on this very topic if you want to look through older threads and see more responses.

Fallon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »
Yeah, there are plenty of threads on this debate. 
Here's a quick run down: they basically use the same methods, but different terminology.  Powerscore is a spin off of TestMasters.

I went with Powerscore.  I started with the bibles, then decided to take the class. In the end, my score increased significantly. 
www.personalstatementexchange .com
The Personal Statement Exchange is a new peer editing forum. Join! Post! Edit! Monthly prizes for top users!

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 03:57:31 PM »
I took Powerscore. My score went up 12 pts from first diagnostic to test day. The course is not exactly like the bibles. I had the bibles first, and I might have been able to do it myself in LR, but not games. The LG Bible does not have enough examples.
Honestly, I needed someone to walk me through it and then pound it into my head--that's what you get from a course.

Plus, you get soo much more material than is in the bibles. The design is the same, but you get more--and you get people to interact with and help you analyze your mistakes.

I hear testmasters is just as good...but do take a class!

I have looked at the 3 major test books. Kaplan, Powerscore and testmasters. They all seem the same to me. The methods. The bibles seem the most detailed.

So i guess it depends on the teacher.

I have the kaplan explantions for their test online. The same methods as powerscore. I think people think Kaplan stinks because the books they sell at bookstores stink. Like Kaplan180 and their workbooks.  Fake questions.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 04:04:21 PM »

I have looked at the 3 major test books. Kaplan, Powerscore and testmasters.

primetime, remember to add when discussing your testmasters books that they are *not* published by more well known testmasters based in california, the one people on lsd are referring to when mentioning TM.
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"