Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too many people are lying  (Read 9321 times)

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Too many people are lying
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
Every poster could not be getting a 178, 172, 175.

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

160 - I thought I did better but I'm happy. Thank God for Canada and our lower LSAT admission standards!! I'm able to get into all my top schools !!  :)

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

Well, we have to take your word for this.  However, it seems easier to simply not post your score if you're embarrassed by it.  

They are not embrrassed. A 160 is a good score. They are proud. And they want some props. But you can say i got a 160! On LSD people will say sorry.

But i am sure some are not lying like the guy who posted above.

So they're proud of their 160, so they're going to claim 170 to get proportional props?  Doesn't add up.  I think it's more likely they just stay quietly proud, and don't post their score.  Which is why we haven't seen many 160's. (Though we did see one.)

LOL. They are lying. One guy did a prank last september on LSD. He emailed everyone their score. I think he emailed a 159 for everyone. Then everyone came on LSD and claimed they got different scores. Most in the 170s.

And they all found out it was a prank.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 02:26:28 PM »

Well, we have to take your word for this.  However, it seems easier to simply not post your score if you're embarrassed by it.  

They are not embrrassed. A 160 is a good score. They are proud. And they want some props. But you can say i got a 160! On LSD people will say sorry.

But i am sure some are not lying like the guy who posted above.

So they're proud of their 160, so they're going to claim 170 to get proportional props?  Doesn't add up.  I think it's more likely they just stay quietly proud, and don't post their score.  Which is why we haven't seen many 160's. (Though we did see one.)

LOL. They are lying. One guy did a prank last september on LSD. He emailed everyone their score. I think he emailed a 159 for everyone. Then everyone came on LSD and claimed they got different scores. Most in the 170s.

And they all found out it was a prank.

Well, you're certainly a reliable source.   :-*

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
They aren't lying - the low scorers are too disappointed with our scores to want to post them. It's depressing to see everyone posting their 170+ scores, so we're not going to post our own scores because we can't even believe they're for real.

That scale was shocking - it got my hopes up, I really thought I performed better....

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

I think it is fair to say that the avg. score of a poster on this site is higher than avg. but I don't think that the best test takers would post here.
Those getting 175+ probably have somemthing better to do with their time. JMO

Trust me, those getting 175+ have no lives whatsoever.

TITCR
Michigan '11

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »

I think it is fair to say that the avg. score of a poster on this site is higher than avg. but I don't think that the best test takers would post here.
Those getting 175+ probably have somemthing better to do with their time. JMO

Trust me, those getting 175+ have no lives whatsoever.

TITCR

Columbia likes high LSAT scores. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
You know what? I got a 159, sure I am dissapointed but I also know that its not terrible. its below my average but its still going to get me into law school, and not a horrible one at the hopefully!

160ers be proud of yourselves!

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »
I'm getting 181s

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
I enjoy your name and av immensely, I'm reading Shadow over Innsmouth right now.

Also, your post makes me feel less retarded

themanwithoutaname

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »
I don't know about other folks, and I don't know why anyone would, but I didn't lie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/paisley1/lsat-1.jpg

Anybody going to photoshop this as a 181+ and repost ;)