Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too many people are lying  (Read 9006 times)

NYU2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Too many people are lying
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 02:02:54 PM »
I can't understand lying about your score on here...not like it is going to help you any

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
I can't understand lying about your score on here...not like it is going to help you any

EGO.Someone may be happy that they got a 160. But if they  post I GOT A 160! LSD were laugh.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 02:06:37 PM »
I don't know about other folks, and I don't know why anyone would, but I didn't lie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/paisley1/lsat-1.jpg
CLS 2011

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »
I don't know about other folks, and I don't know why anyone would, but I didn't lie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/paisley1/lsat-1.jpg

Prepare your Columbia application carefully.   :)
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »
Every poster could not be getting a 178, 172, 175.

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

Well, we have to take your word for this.  However, it seems easier to simply not post your score if you're embarrassed by it.  

Again, some may have lied.  But the truth is that most people have not reported their scores, and not everyone who did scored above 170.

There are over 1000 170+ scores every year.  It's not that hard to believe that a handful of them hang out on boards like this.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

I think it is fair to say that the avg. score of a poster on this site is higher than avg. but I don't think that the best test takers would post here.
Those getting 175+ probably have somemthing better to do with their time. JMO

Trust me, those getting 175+ have no lives whatsoever.

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

Well, we have to take your word for this.  However, it seems easier to simply not post your score if you're embarrassed by it.  

They are not embrrassed. A 160 is a good score. They are proud. And they want some props. But you can say i got a 160! On LSD people will say sorry.

But i am sure some are not lying like the guy who posted above.

luke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »

Haha that's not always true

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »

Haha that's not always true

Sure, but it often is. 

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 02:19:01 PM »

They are not embrrassed. A 160 is a good score. They are proud. And they want some props. But you can say i got a 160! On LSD people will say sorry.

But i am sure some are not lying like the guy who posted above.

So they're proud of their 160, so they're going to claim 170 to get proportional props?  Doesn't add up.  I think it's more likely they just stay quietly proud, and don't post their score.  Which is why we haven't seen many 160's. (Though we did see one.)