Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too many people are lying  (Read 9052 times)

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Too many people are lying
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »
Every poster could not be getting a 178, 172, 175.

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Mirandalee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Too many people are lying
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »
That's what I was thinking  :o

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:10 PM »
Lol, JGR, you're trying too hard now, buddy. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:55 PM »

What up Hank.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »

You are telling me the 1 percent of people who get these scores all post on LSD?

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:56:30 PM »

What up Hank.

Just remembering what this was all like last year.

Sigh. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

Some may be lying, but it's also self-selection.  The high scorers are more likely to report their scores.

And people who obssess about the LSAT are more likely to 1) prep hard and 2) post here.

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

YamboBelbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »

I think it is fair to say that the avg. score of a poster on this site is higher than avg. but I don't think that the best test takers would post here.
Those getting 175+ probably have somemthing better to do with their time. JMO

YamboBelbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:01:17 PM »

I doubt it. I have talked to three people on aim. They all admitted not scoring any where close to what they have posted.  I think the majority of people are in their boat.

I am not sure what their motive is. I think ego. Maybe they got a 162 and they are happy. But they know a 162 on here would look like a 152. So they pump up their score to have LSD cred.

Why would having a higher or lower score give someone cred?
It's just a multiple choice test, not some battery of overall intellect.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »

I think it is fair to say that the avg. score of a poster on this site is higher than avg. but I don't think that the best test takers would post here.
Those getting 175+ probably have somemthing better to do with their time. JMO

According to "Primetime," those people never leave the library anyway. 
CLS '10