Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2005 LSAT Scores Came On Saturday  (Read 3327 times)

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: June 2005 LSAT Scores Came On Saturday
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Well my first LG section (section 2) had a barcode question in it where you had to rearrange the numbers, and my second LG section (section 3) had a dog show question in it and we had to determine which were male/female, what type of dog they were and what place they came in.

The dog section was from a previous test... Has anyone seen LSAC use previous tests in an experimental section before??

Mirandalee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
Well I am horrible at logic games.  I know I could never score in the 170+ because I just do NOT get them at all. So when I got that first LG section and I was cruising through them pretty quickly I was feeling pretty happy about it.  Then I got to the next section which was ALSO LG and that dog question in particular... I just had to guess, I honestly had no idea how to sort it all out.  Something to seriously work on should I need to re-take in September!

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2007, 11:29:48 AM »
So in June 2005 it came Saturday, June 2006 it came Friday -- odds would be in our favor to get it today. But, as I think weve figured out, precendent doesnt mean a whole lot this time. Fingers crossed its today!

Primetime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »
The best thing about the new LSAT is that they use old pratice sections for the expirement section.

When i take it in september i am just going to do every test. And  on test day i will check quicly if there is a passage i remember. If so i am taking a mental break for that whole section.

anappgzs

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
Maybe that's what the issue is...maybe a particular form had a statistically higher score than another, due to the variable placement of the experimental section?  It would seem to me that people that had the experimental later would be at an advantage...

Do you think this will affect the scores?

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
No idea.  If anything, it would make the curve easier to compensate and make sure that a statistical majority of people reach the center?   I hope?
Mercer University School of Law '12

anappgzs

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »
The best thing about the new LSAT is that they use old pratice sections for the expirement section.

When i take it in september i am just going to do every test. And  on test day i will check quicly if there is a passage i remember. If so i am taking a mental break for that whole section.

I think they cancel your score if you do not fill in anything.  Take a mental break if you will, but fill in something.  I would do it to practice, like diagram the games, or "outline" th passages, etc.

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 11:42:29 AM »
Meh, whatever.

Ally, we were all in agreement that it was Thursday, as well as in agreement that it would be Friday.  Us being in agreement doesn't particularly mean a thing.

Nope ... I've decided the scores are coming today and that's final !

kmksports27

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
has anyone ever actually seen a thread about a test coming out on Monday? 

i just did a quick search and i couldnt find one example of that.

Im optomistic!   
 I'm going to the gym now so i dont feel completely useless today. =)

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 11:59:34 AM »
has anyone ever actually seen a thread about a test coming out on Monday? 

i just did a quick search and i couldnt find one example of that.

Im optomistic!   
 I'm going to the gym now so i dont feel completely useless today. =)

Ahh ... what bad luck it would be if we were the only group who had to wait this long  >:(