Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Let's talk about LOR processing time...  (Read 7334 times)

BMeyer8622

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Let's talk about LOR processing time...
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2004, 10:58:49 AM »
My first letter got processed very quickly.  Im not sure when it was sent though.  My second letter was sent in on 9/16 and has yet to be processed.  I am not sure whether I should be nervous yet or not.

Vintage14

• Rocker Dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 02:07:14 PM »
This is going to drive me crazy...my first letter was sent this week, but I'm applying early, so I'm sure I'll be obsessing over the LOR updates for the next month...

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2004, 01:09:30 PM »
I inquired about a letter that was sent over three weeks ago and still nothing. I'm bummed b/c it is my best letter!!

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2004, 05:32:24 PM »
I inquired about a letter that was sent over three weeks ago and still nothing. I'm bummed b/c it is my best letter!!

Let's assume someone who took the Oct LSAT wants all of the LORs processed by the time the LSDAS report goes out with the Oct. score.  That score report is probably sent by LSAC to schools sometime around Oct.28-Nov. 1.  In order to have LORs processed by that time, recommenders must have sent their letters by this week, or maybe even earlier.  Yikes!

tivoli

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 02:45:30 AM »
What's up yall

How come everyone is worried about processing time?  Do your chances of admissions really change much if your apps get processed in, say, mid-november as opposed to end of october?  I mean do the admissions people read these apps as they come in?  My understanding was that they didn't even start till much later in the fall.  I'm confused and thinking maybe I should be worrying too!  My LOR's wont be sent for another week or two, and including the processing time, my apps wont be done till mid-Nov maybe.  Is this going to screw up my chances? 

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 02:50:01 AM »
my apps wont be done till mid-Nov maybe.  Is this going to screw up my chances? 

No.

tivoli

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2004, 12:53:10 PM »
my apps wont be done till mid-Nov maybe.  Is this going to screw up my chances? 

No.

cool.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
LOR mailed on 9/25, processed and posted by 10/6 - week and a half including transit time isn't too bad.