Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: corporate law  (Read 4717 times)

kmz

• View Profile
corporate law
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »
im going to be attending sjsu, at which they have no law majors to major in.  what school would be good to xfer out to junior year to be a small corporate lawyer (non courtroom type), that have some sort of business/law major that would fit my interests? and a school that grad schools look good at.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: corporate law
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 04:29:54 PM »
Don't take a law major.  Pick something that you're interested in, that will challenge you and teach you to think and at which you think you can earn decent grades.  I recommend English.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

kmz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »
But i want to be a small corporate lawyer.  I dont have to take a law major.. but I need to know a major that will be able to get me where I want and into a good law graduate school.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:38:48 PM »
But i want to be a small corporate lawyer.  I dont have to take a law major.. but I need to know a major that will be able to get me where I want and into a good law graduate school.

Yes, and that's what I was suggesting.  It doesn't matter what you take (as long as it's not a joke major, which pre-law often is.)  Your major is not going to get you into law school, your grades will.  So will the LSAT (even more than the grades), but you shouldn't be worried about that yet. 

P.S. law school IS graduate school. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

bliwo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 02:34:06 AM »
A business or economics or accounting, etc. type of major would perhaps help with the corporate law... but I agree with the above posters that when it comes to getting into law school, all sorts of majors are represented.  Go with what interests you.

PublicServiceAnnouncement

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 03:03:10 AM »
Bad advice above.  If you want to do corporate law then that is what obviously interests you.  You should try to do some kind of a business major that you find interesting.  Then if you decide not to go to law school or take time off then you can do work that interests you in the corporate world.  Don't rely on the law degree to get what you want. 

the marauder

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gone to the finest school alright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:14:28 PM »
A business major makes sense.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=marauder

The lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor.
The carpet, too, is moving under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.