Law School Discussion

"Academic Rigor"

edaze

• View Profile
Re: "Academic Rigor"
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »
Subtle Stanford Troll.

I don't attend either Harvard, Stanford, or Yale, and I have no particular affinity for Stanford.

Put simply, both Stanford and Yale receive far too many qualified applications for the number of available spots. They're not breaking ties, for instance, by flipping coins.

At Yale, in particular, professors play an active role in the decision making process. Presumably, they would value the substance in one's application in addition to the numbers they've earned. Perhaps I'm being sanguine.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 05:30:37 PM »
The most prestigious thing to do would be to take difficult classes and get As in them. 

hth. 

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »
The most prestigious thing to do would be to take difficult classes and get As in them. 

hth. 

titcr

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »

hth. 

titcr

Yup

edaze

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
I was not being serious, or trying to advance a substantive argument.

Okay, I'll just stop taking you seriously from here on out.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 07:42:26 PM »
The most prestigious thing to do would be to take difficult classes, never show up, and get As in them. 

hth. 

fixt

If you never show up, how can you point out all the errors the professor makes in class?

stjobs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »
At Stanford, Yale, and perhaps even Harvard, though, admissions officers definitely look at academic rigour.

Please substantiate the above statement... they may 'look' at it at every school, but the relative weight of the types of courses and their perceived difficulty is incredibly insignificant next to your LSAT score and GPA. It would probably be considered *after* LSAT, GPA, LORs, resume, and UG reputation.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »
All the schools say they look at it; if they actually do or if they actually put any weight on it is an entirely different matter.