Law School Discussion

Procrastination paid off?

Procrastination paid off?
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »
So today was the due date at UT for my letter of intent and it wasn't until yesterday that i faxed it in, though i attempted to do so two days ago. Yesterday, before sending off my LOI, however, i received a voice message from the admissions department at UT checking to see if i was sending in my LOI and assuring that I hadn't chosen another school.  The message also included a new scholarship offer of an in-state tuition waver (I'm out of state) and a 7000 dollar a year scholarship, which amounts to double my previous offer.

I'm wondering if I would have received this new offer if I had sent in my LOI a couple weeks ago, or even if i had succeeded in faxing it the day before i received the new offer.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
Re: Procrastination paid off?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:50:11 PM »
So today was the due date at UT for my letter of intent and it wasn't until yesterday that i faxed it in, though i attempted to do so two days ago. Yesterday, before sending off my LOI, however, i received a voice message from the admissions department at UT checking to see if i was sending in my LOI and assuring that I hadn't chosen another school.  The message also included a new scholarship offer of an in-state tuition waver (I'm out of state) and a 7000 dollar a year scholarship, which amounts to double my previous offer.

I'm wondering if I would have received this new offer if I had sent in my LOI a couple weeks ago, or even if i had succeeded in faxing it the day before i received the new offer.

Probably not cos then you woulda seemed really interested mate, but the treatment you meted out to them made you wanted. Good for you.