Law School Discussion

Shortage of Black Men in Law (Dismal)

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Shortage of Black Men in Law (Dismal)
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2007, 07:13:13 AM »

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »
lol thanks

The Dukes

• FCOJ
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
We believe we can fix this shortage. We'll even take wagers.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »
it's very sad to hear that, but it is the reality to know that young black men refuse to go to school. The problem is not as simple as it might look at first. Believe it or not, lack of proper family structure is it root of it, which lead to bad attitude sometimes.

I'm too tired to read the rest of this thread right now, but you hit the nail on the head right here!!!!!   Bad fruit, bad root. 

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Can't speak too much about the question of black male representation in the legal profession, but I think many of the hurdles faced by black males are also faced by hispanic males, and many of the trends affecting one also affect the other.  For example, I would argue that hispanic males also suffer from "babyboy" syndrome, while hispanic females display far more potential (and reach it) much more frequently than the males. 

Just a guess, but I would say a part of it is that women more quickly realize the responsibility they'll have to assume (especially when it involves family), while males are incredibly slow on the uptake. 

And on a related note, I can't even count how many times I've seen incredibly talented females throw their futures away for some broke, ignorant male who can't hold down a job or stay out of jail, and whose dedication to anything is limited to making sure he buys the latest sneakers or rims for his car. 

To those men: Please, just stop it.

/End Rant

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
"Re: Shortage of Black Men in Law (Dismal)"

In war, men are generally the first to go; simply put.

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2007, 06:13:15 PM »

And on a related note, I can't even count how many times I've seen incredibly talented females throw their futures away for some broke, ignorant male who can't hold down a job or stay out of jail, and whose dedication to anything is limited to making sure he buys the latest sneakers or rims for his car. 

oh yea i've seen this too...but these are women who seem to be fed up with the way their loves lives are going and are just willing to settle to have a man and possibly start a family if they are dealing with their biological clocks--and being around all of their friends who are married/have boyfriends.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »

Dang that was one charged statement right there. Even included instructions at the end just in case one of those said guys were on BLSD reading this.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »

Dang that was one charged statement right there. Even included instructions at the end just in case one of those said guys were on BLSD reading this.

Hey, I always have the latest sneakers!  Don't blame Nike!

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »

Hey, I always have the latest sneakers!  Don't blame Nike!

I don't blame Nike, I blame the guys.  Don't worry.  Your H-Bomb law degree puts you in the clear... for now...

(:P)